Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
stephenelf

Xperia S slow transfer on Mac with Sony Bridge

Hi,

I was very happy with my new Xperia S until I connected to my Mac to transfer my pictures (I don't use iPhoto, just files on my HD). I can not use Finder for that, which I use for all my Android phones that I have. It is something that I don't understand.

The Sony Bridge hangs quite often, and I tried to transfers some pictures from my Mac many times and it doesn't work. The transfers started 4h ago and it is done around the 20%. This is the 3rd time that I try to do it.

I am very dissappointed, and if I can't transfer my content, I will stop using Xperia S and bring it back to the store where I bought it. Is there any quick fix or workound?

Thanks in advanced.

Trustee
Samuel

Re: Xperia S slow transfer on Mac with Sony Bridge

When you transfer the files, do you use the synchronization function in Bridge or just browse files and drag and drop items on phone?

One time poster
stephenelf

Just drag and drop, no sync.

Thanks!

One time poster
stephenelf

I'm using Mac OS 10.7.3

There's no way to cancel the transfer, Bridge does not respond, so I have to force close it.

I reinstall it everytime, but still same issue.

Nabeel

hi buddy,
do one thing, don't transfer large amount of data in one go

example if you are sending 100 pics

Send 10-20 pics at a time.

Also make sure that nothing is running on your mac when transferring pics ( music, games etc )

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

Trustee
Samuel

Nabeels tip here above is a good advice. Try to transfer smaller amounts of data to see if the problem still persists. I have myself tried to copy files between my Xperia S and Mac (with OS X 10.7.3) and can not recreate your issue.

One time poster
stephenelf

Thanks Nabeel and Samuel,

it is a good tip but it is not an option. I have an 4GB SD Card that I can not plug in my Xperia S, and if I have to copy files by 10-20 it will take weeks.

Files transfer should work as fast as my other Android phones: Motorola, Samsung, HTC, etc... If it works for them, I expect that it should work on a Sony phone. Otherwise it is a bug in software or Xperia phone.

BTW, batery life is terrible. But that's another topic.

I'm sad to say that I'm not very happy with this Xperia S.

Thanks anyway.

Anonymous(anon)

FOUND A GREAT WORKAROUND!!!

Hey there . . . like other people on these forums ive been very dissatisfied with the incompatibility between mac and the xperia s.

After hours and hours of trial and error . . i have found a solution that suits me and hopefully will work out for you too.

It will cost you a few bucks . . but worth it for the convenience (plus you get a cool music player for your phone anyway)

What I did was get onto playstore and downloaded both WINAMP PRO and WINAMP for my phone.

I then downloaded winamp (free) for my mac from the winamp website, install for both the phone and the mac, follow the prompts . . and away you go.

Both sync quite easily . . its basically a very quick click and drag . . faster than when i used itunes for my iphone4.

Its not perfect, as the mp3 files that arent 100% still wont get transferred . .BUT  . . what this program does is show you WHICH file is the dodgy one.

WHEW!!!!

Now i can go back to loving my phone.

Anonymous(anon)

I really wish Sony will allow their phones to just connect to any computer PC/MAC and be seen as an external drive so a simple drag and drop of files can be done.  All other Android phones allow this.

For now, I use the Bridge for Mac to sync music I have in Itunes, but to transfer pictures and other files, I use an app called "wifi file transfer pro"...I have lots of pictures and these transfered extremely fast via wifi to my Xperia S.

Community Manager
Johan

I have just received info that a new version of Bridge for Mac (3.0) is coming up, but I don't have any exact date yet unfortunately.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.