Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
KARAN

Xperia S screen Password reset

HI,

I am currently using a Sony Xperia S.

I locked my Screen with a password and then Forgot the password.

Please tell me how to Unlock the phone or reset the Password

Thank You

Karan Sharda

One time poster
Smailchenko

Re: Xperia S screen Password reset

I think the only way is to reinstall your phone's software using Sony update service !

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

1. Before you start you have to download the PC Companion software from http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

and install it on your PC.

2. Once installed on your PC, double-click the PC Companion icon on your desktop to start the update.

Note! For some models you will be prompted to do a backup prior to the update and then restore.

3. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.

4. Phone Software Update.

5. Start.

6. Repair Phone

7. Continue

8. Accept data removal

9. Next

10. Wait for prepare

11. Select Phone

12. Follow the connection steps

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
kellyhowell

i have same problem.

in middle of update i cancel update and now my phone unable to turn on(when i turn on,the screen show SONY and then turn off and then automatically turn on and repeat this)

what do i do?

thanks

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

I would advise following the same steps as above if you can get the phone to stay off.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Demigod
alexrx

Hi there,

......and do not cancel the update process until completely finished :smileywink:

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.  A. t. G. (356BC - 323BC)

One time poster
kellyhowell

its impossible.

when i Follow the connection steps the screen show SONY and then turn off and then automatically turn on and agian show SONY and ....

One time poster
sdilworth17

I had the same problem.  My mobile would not accept the pin for some reason.  Part of this post is correct (software update and repair is the only option by the way), however, when you get to the stage where it asks you to connect your phone to the PC you must hold the volume button down whilst connecting the cable to the phone.  The step by step guild on the screen also tells you to do this but it does not tell you how long for.  I held it for about 60-90 seconds and then the screen tells you to stop holding the volume button.  Here is the link in case anyone has this problem in the future.

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

One time poster
Kruxe

Is there a way to reset my pin/password WITHOUT wiping my phone? 
I've forgotten the password after not using it for months and it has years of baby photos on it. 

For people experiancing problems with updates when asked to connect your phone - You need to connect it to a USB 3.0 hub, not the normal 2.0 hub. 

The 3.0 is normally at the back and blue with desktops, Laptops I am about to have a look but I assume there is at least 1 3.0 hub. NO updates worked for me on 2.0 (the normal black USB hubs)and it would turn my phone off and couldnt get it back on until i updated from a 3.0 point. 

One time poster
oyashi

i have a problem..
the pc companio cant detect my phone..
what should i do ?