Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Aswin

Xperia S not turning on...

Hello,

yesterday while charging my mobile , i tried to use my xperia but it was'nt getting unlocked so i tried restarting it using the (volume  up + power key).

That restarted my xperia and the logo was visible showing 'XPERIA' , immediatly after which the  screen just faded to black screen.

After this situation , i tried everything to restart my mobile i.e using (restarting using the volume up - power method - even tried holding it till i felt 3 vibrations) but even that didnt work.

Xperia S just wont respond to anything. The only thing it responds to is while charging the notification turns red.

So my friend suggested my to use sus to update my xperia so i downloaded the package and i got this stuck with the screen that says...

• Turn off the phone and wait for 30sec             //My phone shows a blank screen so i really dont know whether it on or off.
  • Connect the mini usb to the usb port on the phone
  • Press and hold the volume down key on the phone while plugging in the usb cable to the phone.

I tried doing this but no response....i see only this screen with an animation showing how to connect the phone....

The following is the screen ...

just.jpg

How so i proceed ??

Forum Legend
Thommo

Re: Xperia S not turning on...

You will have to run a repair using SUS found here emma.extranet.sonyericsson.com/update_service_setup download and install and follow the on screen instructions - This should repair your phone as this works in flashmode and not normal mode like PCC does to begin prior to rebooting in flashmode

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Aswin

The screen shot that u see above is from update_service_setup. I am not able to get past that screen. I have some issue with the flash mode i guess.

Forum Legend
Thommo

Have you installed PC Companion as this should have installed the correct driver for flash mode - To test this hold power down and insert your usb cable your LED should turn green - If it does and after a few seconds turn back to orange I think then you have a driver missing,

You could download the drivers below for flashmode - unrar then open device manager right click the missing driver or problem driver normally it will have a yellow question mark then left click on update driver and choose to browse my computer and direct it to the unrar's folder this should then install the correct driver, Bear in mind the only way to get the missing driver to appear in device manager is to connect your phone in flashmode this will hopefully then appear in device manager although briefly it should be enough time to manually install the driver

Drivers both 32 and 64 bit

http://www.mediafire.com/?ffdq13l55578u2q

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Aswin

i checked the driver name 'semc flash device'. There is no excalamation mark over it when i plug in the device. So i guess there is no issue with the driver.

so i am still stuck in the same 'CONNECT" screen with animation...

Community Manager
Johan

Try to move the USB cable to other USB ports on your computer. If the problem still remains I think that you will have to try to on another computer to check if it's an phone or computer problem.

One time poster
abhijeet094

Hi ,

I am facing the similar problem .

I can connect my phone in Flash mode (i.e connecting the phone while pressing the back button).

I ran SUS but it reported that my phone is up to date with the latest software and it Exits.
but i can not start my phone. (I have Xperia Neo V and mine too failed in the upgrade process)

How should i proceed ?

Thanks in advance.