Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia S keep on restarting

Its about one week for me to buy Xperia S LT26i mobile phone. I make the update by using PC companion for 6.0.a.3.73, one time the mobile phone restart and work fine. I have shutdown the mobile again and then tried to restart but from then mobile phone keep on showing Sony on display screen. Can't  move further.

Things i did to over this problem:

- Tried to connect with PC companion but as the mobile keep on restarting, so PC Com can't find my phone.

- Update the software by using Software upate service, The process goes fine and the phone stop restarting.. but after the software update finish the same problem exist. and phone still keep on restarting.

I don't know how to overcome this problem. Is there any solution to my problem ?

Nabeel

Re: Xperia S keep on restarting

There is a solution to every problem and nothing is impossible. :smileyhappy: :smileywink:

I see your problem to be same as this one

see correct answer in the thread above
I would suggest you to give software repair a last chance and not to install any app( not even a single) but observe the way your device behaves. If problem exists, then its time to visit service center :smileyhappy:

Don't worry as your device is under warranty, you won't be charged for anything. :smileyhappy:

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

Anonymous(anon)

I couldn't solve the problem by just updating the software service. But if it is the known issue cause by updating phone software to 6.0.a.3.73, then it should be resolve quickly in next update.

It useless to have such problems with such an expensive mobile phone.

Anonymous(anon)

I have solved my problem. Drain all the battery of mobile, so nothing left in ROM, RAM then reinstall the phone software on mobile by using PC companion by using volume key+ down mode.

Some third party software installed on mobile stop the reboot process.

Nabeel

Great :smileyhappy:

You mean to say that some 3rd party software was the cause for reboots ??

Anonymous(anon)

Actually i am in China mainland region, and the mobile phone bought it from hongkong where google play is open to browse. All the android phones in china have its own customize market and google apps are blocked on those phones due to country policy.

Google play is quite slow here to browse and material is filtered due china backbone IP networks.

To your question:

I have installed some third party market on my mobile ( chinese market) and some how i found that app controlled the running RAM of my mobile and also disturb the startup or booting sequence. And when i have update the phone software to .73 the new upgrade found some conflict which makes it keep on restarting. These chinese market app resides in RAM of mobile and fully grip the resources.

In China, mobile company (SONY, Samsung, HTC) have its own version of Flash ROM where Google play is rooted blocked and they can't get the same update as other HK, UK, US version mobiles.

So in my impression, this problem can come if some UK, HK guys migrate from their territory to China. You may look into this issue in next round.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi, i am still trying to figure out the real problem, as the problem comes again after loading a fresh ROM. After having newly installed software, i have registered on android market with my gmail account., later i tried to download the software from market. and error appears Error 492 and sometime "can't download the file" After that i have shutdown my mobile again and power on again.. Then sony screen start blinking.

Then again i flash the ROM again by using software service, my computer load the software once again and after loading the software inside mobile, Mobile start working again.

Just after loading new software, i have again shutdown the mobile phone and power on again. it power on successfully. I did this again and again , found no problem.

Now i am not going to register on android market and i found something happen from there, as google services are always in running system.

Can you fingure it out whats the real problem causing this.  android , google or some other problem  mobile software ?

Nabeel

umm, Hard to figure out what is causing what
However don't worry, it seems Xperia S is suffering from rebooting/switching off disease, should be fixed by Sony soon :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Hi, Is that the case that google play have some influence on phone software., and device should be registered on android market ? If not then this cause problem ?

Nabeel

I think its not only google play, but every third party app, its not necessary to be registered on android market ( you cant download apps though), but i really fell this device behaves abnormally with outsiders(apps)