Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Nabeel

Re: Xperia S introduction

:smileyshocked::smileyshocked::smileyshocked:

whats the need of that second cover ?? :smileyshocked:

negative points -increase in weight ,thickness,difficult to remove battery :smileytongue::smileytongue:

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

slimshaddy

to uli and nabeel - i thik its a waterproof xperia s , japanese models have special additions , i think you both know this...

xperia active also has 2 covers just like this..

or maybe this is standard , :smileyconfused:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I think sony didn't want to leave those electronic parts on the back cover because its poor build :smileysilly: and if it sucks then it will be a huge issue, doing this (adding an extra layer) will ensure those parts are where they are supposed to be, but they should've done a better job with the back cover, thus making the phone thinner and a big lighter.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

imagine this plus gorilla glass 2 or dragon trail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPZ7y1EDKvk

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Trustee
Markus

I think you get a few tags included in the box but I'm not 100% sure. It can also vary from market to market so I do not dare to promise this. Ask your dealer before you buy them separately. :smileyhappy:

slimshaddy

:smileyplain: now seriously cant sony does something like that , ok , not this oxidation process but still a gorilla glass......

Forum Legend
uliwooly

so the iphone is pushing technology or at least they were at the beginning, then HTC then samsung and then the iphone again taking real advantage of 8mp backlit sensor, now HTC again is pushing technology, so I'm trying to understand if Sony wants to follow the steps or other or be a leader and push technology (not just copy what has worked to others, and not a good copy but a water down version)

Anonymous(anon)

You are absolutely right uli, but what I ve noticed by the amount of  bloatware on the 2012 line is that SONY is trying to integrate their mobiles with the rest of their lines to the point that it becomes suffocating.

So for example all devices in the house will speak the same language, buy from the same media shop and share them between devices. Of course that doesnt mean that they are doing a good job, actually the opposite. They are doing a horrible job and I dont want to get in to details.

Innovating in the mobile industry is way low in their plans. They have a few "cheap" devices to pay the bills and the rest are all used to experiment with the Ericsson fan base.

Somewhere you had a list with the negative things about the S, I cant find it but please add GPS problems. It s been documented in a few sites.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

is it this list?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/33284

or this

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/27059

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for the reply uli, it s so sad when there are so many lists that point the bugs on these phones that we started getting disoriented. No it wasnt any of those, if I am not mistaken it was about the S, but it really doesnt matter anymore.