Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
WinterStars

Re: Xperia S introduction

Hi Uli, I think the dual core Qualcom MSM 8960 Snapdragon S4 is very fast, more than two times faster than the current MSM8260. So a dual core S4 is comparable to Tegra 3.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5559/qualcomm-snapdragon-s4-krait-performance-preview-msm8960-adreno-2...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5563/qualcomms-snapdragon-s4-krait-vs-nvidias-tegra-3

Snapdragon S4 performance is similar to Cortex A15 based design like Exynos 5250.

But the problem is that Qualcomm did not include the next Gen Graphics in this chip, the next iteration will get next Gen GPU with the S4 CPU.

Trustee
Markus

Nozomi was an early name used for Xperia S before it's real name was revealed.

One time poster
WinterStars

This is not so bad, I mean if it is H2 then they may have access to the S4 Pro version which have the Adreno 3xx which should be fast enough to squash those from the fruit company. But I think that will go into tablets first.

Samsung Exynos 5250 has dual core A15 with Mali T605 which means it is as fast as the current quad in CPU and as fast as Snapdragon S4. But the T605 can be configured for multiple cores which will make it faster than any android SoC. The real monster is the Exynos 5450.

Going by what can be found in some sites it seems this monster has Quad A15 cores at 2 GHz with Quad GPU Mali T658. But it is going inside tablets first...

I don't mind the Krait S4, the CPU is impressive to me plus the 28nm fabrication tech. But the 225 is somewhat previous gen although clock bump and process tech will help it scale by at least 20 to 30 percent in performance. The intriguing thing is the S4 pro version, S4 with Adreno 320. This should be sweet.

One time poster
WinterStars

This should give me another reason to postpone buying a new phone....

One time poster
WinterStars

The shortcomings of the S in design and certain aspects plus a new device on the horizon ... mmm I would wait and see...

One time poster
WinterStars

I totally agree to this ...

http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/03/01/24-hours-with-the-xperia-s/

Capacitive Buttons Hit and Miss - I already mentioned this earlier that the guy testing was having difficulty locating the buttons.

Design - I am not too sold on the design too ...

Hmmmm ....

Forum Legend
uliwooly

so we will have to wait a little longer to see what this phones are capable of

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
WinterStars

Yeah ... It is always a waiting game...

Had the design been superlative, I would not have minded buying one right away with all the flaws [in my eyes] like no SD, etc...

Also it looks like the Tegra 3 loses 3 % of battery in 5 Minutes!! check the video I posted earlier of the LG Optimus 4X HD.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I haven't being able to find any battery info on the tegra 3, do you have any links?

So in other words sony could've delivered if they used "dual core Qualcom MSM 8960 Snapdragon S4" instead, bummer

I wonder if they'll use that for the Xperia SS or Xperia S^2 w.e. they call it :smileysilly:

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Nicky

when will the Xperia S available in Malaysia ??
or this kind of thing is depends on when Malaysia import the phone ??