Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia S front facing camera

Hi, I'm new to Sony products.

Recently got an Xperia S - any idea how do I turn on the front facing camera for the following :

1. taking picture

2. video

3. video conferencing

p.s. i tried following the online guide - but couldn't get it to work.

thanks

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Re: Xperia S front facing camera

Once you have opened the camera function: Tap the icon on the top left of the screen, then select front camera.

When it comes to applications for video caht, in most cases this should just work without any further input.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi, thanks for the post I found the front facing camera option but I am having difficulty making video calls.

In all of my previous SE's I had the option to voice or video call contacts which is not an option in the Xperia S. Any ideas?

I think skype opens it automatically but it is not very reliable.

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Unfortunately none of our Android based handsets support native video calling. This particular piece of hardware is designed more for use with third party video chat functions such as Google Talk.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.