Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Tof37

Xperia S external lockscreen

Hello,

I'm actually working to port Xperia S system on the olod X10.

I'm facing a real difficulty with external lockscreen.

I'd like to have some information to know how it works and if special libs or drm files are needed.

Hope for an answer.

Thanks in advance

Trustee
Markus

Re: Xperia S external lockscreen

Not sure if this info is available or if it can be shared but I will see what I can find.

I'll get back to you when I know.

Trustee
Markus

I would like to know more on this. What exactly do you need? Please try to be as detailed as possible and I will forward your request to the developers.

One time poster
Tof37

So here is the situation:

I'm trying to port xperia s features to old 2.3.3 X10. Ssmali

Nearly all the App are working but uxplockscreen is giving me headache!

What is done for this app:

Add lines in framework-res.apk in androidmanifest, values and strings (permdesc and permlab lines).

Add smali files in framework.jar ( slindingtab files and semc somethingslidingtabs files with fitting values to framework-res.apk.

Add externallockscreen.smali in android.policy.jar.

Settings.apk got lockscreen option in display menu but has no effect.

The administrator works (tested with apps from market.

I think I missed something with permissions cause the uxplockscreen doesn't appear in the administrator menu and doesn'twork ( the default lockscreen is there however)

So my question is : Am I on a wrong path ? If not how to get good permissions?

Thank you very much and hope it's not a top secret question...

Trustee
Markus

Thanks! I will check with the developers once more and see if this is detailed enough.

I'm guessing I won't get an answer today so until we hear next time - have a nice weekend! :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

I'm Not good in english, but i hope i can help you. I think you must go to the build.prop File, and change the Name of the lockscreen-appppication, on my phone, it looks so:

SemcGenericUxpRes.apk

If you copy your lockscreen to the System applications, and change the Name of the lockscreen apk in the build.prop i think, it wuld work... But i'm a n00b and don't Know, how it works. "Do it at your own risk" the build.prop File is in the System folder on your phone"s internal Memory, you need (thats absolutely selfunderstandly) root-acess, and a App like eoot explorer Or other applications. I have dectetd this by Mine in the build.prop and i have no know-how abour that, and yes, i hope it works (i dont think so)

One time poster
Tof37

Thanks for your post jader.

Will have a look to semcgenericuxpres.apk but I don't think there's something to do with ...

Lockscreen needs some lines in framework-res and files in android.policy.jar and framework.jar

Just didn't try to add a line in build.prop ... hope it will do :-)

@Markus

Any news from devs ? Must think they've got a lot of work ... if any details are missing, you know how to contact me  :smileywink:

Thanks

Trustee
Markus

No new info at this point.

Since it's been Easter I bet many of the developers have not been working (I have not). :smileyhappy:

Trustee
Markus

OK, so I just got an answer on my request. Unfortunately it's not good news.

The lockscreen is tightly interweaved with Sony Framework functions - so it is a "no go".

UxpNxtLockscreen is dependent on a patch in frameworks/base, so it won’t work in earlier software than eDream 4.0.

One time poster
Tof37

Thanks for your reply and for the request ...

Understand that it won't work without appropriate software..

Thanks a lot Markus and to the dev who answered ...