Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia S battery is draining while charging it

I bought the Xperia S a few days ago, when I'm playing almost any kind of game the battery keeps discharging. Is this normal behavior?

I had the Xperia Arc and the Xperia Arc S, none of them had this problem.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia S battery is draining while charging it

The XPERIA S is quite different from the ARC S. Not only from the outside but on the inside as well. Its using a 1.5 ghz dual core processor compared to the single core on the ARC S. The processor itself uses more power comparatively. Then there's the screen as well which is of higher resolution. All these factors affect battery life. Hopefully that answers your question.

Anonymous(anon)

Ok that is a good point, but is that enough to drain the battery while charging? Do all dual core phones have the same problem?

Trustee
Markus

I have not tested this myself and I currently cannot but it is actually possible to use more power than what the phone get during charging.

If you e.g. play a "heavy" game, got high screen brightness set and also got other things running in the background it might be possible.

Make sure to use the original charger and try to e.g. lower the screen brightness or turn off data/GPS etc. just to see if there's any difference with the charging.

Anonymous(anon)

The Xperia S's battery does take a few days to settle down. I've experienced it myself. Plus make sure there are no data intensive apps that are running in the background, lower the screen brightness if you have it set to maximum. Turn off gps. Or better yet go to settings> applications>battery use to find out whats using up your battery juice.

Anonymous(anon)

Are you using the phone's dedicated charger or just a micro usb connected to a pc or laptop? I was also observing that power comming from a usb connection and it charges the phone twice as long as when using the dedicated phone charger. Means the power input is quite weak compared to a direct charge from an adaptor / charger. This might be the reason why it is still discharging while it was supposed to be charging. If you are using a dedicated charger then try to plug it in a different outlet.

Anonymous(anon)

same here, I bought mine from Kuwait and still no PS store.  It seems to have been released for Europe today though.

http://m.androidcentral.com/playstation-store-and-games-now-available-sony-xperia-s

Anonymous(anon)

Well apparently this was a software issue. After the last update, I've noticed that the battery performance is much better. And apparently this issue no longer occuring, although I haven't tried on extremely power consuming games, but my WiFi was turned on while I was playing.

Anyway, this seems to be fixed. The battery doesn't drain anymore while charging it using a charger, but it stil drains while charging it with a USB port. But that is acceptable and understandable since USB ports are around only 500mA while chargers are 1A+