Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia S - Windows 7 was unable to install Bluetooth Peripheral device

When I am trying to add my Xperia S via Bluetooth to my Win 7 computer it says that some Bluetooth Peripheral device drivers was not possible to install/find.

How will it be possible to solve this problem?

Could anyone help me out please!!

Master
slimshaddy

Re: Xperia S - Windows 7 was unable to install Bluetooth Peripheral device

no idea.. its the same with all the phones.. no SE phones have drivers..

try to send some files , it should work fine.. even if some drivers are missing..

Sony Xperia Support
Samuel

Its the same for both Windows Vista and Windows 7. Microsoft doesn't ship drivers for the whole bluetooth stack in the latest Windows versions. What you need to do in order to get these drivers is to contact the manufacturer of the bluetooth chipset in your computer. Normally they have some sort of bluetooth software which will enable the whole set of bluetooth profiles.

But as slimshaddy said here above, normally you don't need this specific profile, ofcourse depending on what you wish to do with the phone/computer.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Master
slimshaddy

well i have connected 3 phones to my phones , motorolla rokr , nokia n95 and blackberry bold 3..

and all these phone's drivers are working fine :smileyplain: i dont know whats the problem , but xperia arc's status is  'needs troubleshooting"  and when i troubleshoot " no drivers can be found"

i even re-installed the bluetooth software yesterday but still it cannot connect...

i agree , its something with the laptop because before format i was able to send \ receive files from and too my laptop...

but now i cannot..

jus wanted to add - all three phones mentioned above have full drivers installed and i can also see files and folders via bluetooth which was not possible for the arc..

Anonymous(anon)

I have this problem with my XPS - and i Could Not Connect to my Sony Vajo ....

I have/had no problem with HTC, Samsung, Nokia - I only have that Problem with Sony...

For example my Sony Vajo could not connect to my BELKIN bluetooth receiver... all others can and that from windows xp,7 and LINUX...

Anonymous(anon)

i've got the same problem and this is driving me nuts!

Anonymous(anon)

got the same problem too, my xperia arc s can pair with my acer netbook but can connect nor can transfer file (both pc to cp or cp to cp) because of that "no bluetooth peripheral device install" thing...

grrrrrr....

Visitor
manu.kasa@gmail.com

Even am facing the same problem, why cant Sony Xperia team cant fix this issue , i am able to acess internet in my laptop ,connecting my Nokia N73 phone and they have complete Nokia PC suite which have complete Laptsop/pc support futures.

i request Sony Xperia Team to prepare this kind of Application as they have enough xperia  phones in market