Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia S - Video Shoot Problem

Hi,

I just bought new Sony Xperia S last week. Not sure it is a hardware problem or software problem. Yesterday i went to a mini concert and when i shoot with my Xperia S, the video on the screen flickering whenever there's a bright white projection light at the stage. I thought i was on the screen only, but then it appears in the movie as well.

Looks like the lens very sensitif with the bright white projection. Here are some sample :

1) http://youtu.be/hGB8AeuRLzk ( starting at 3:15 ) images of the person is flickering

2) http://youtu.be/LlMVTeA9VN8 ( starting at 2:00 ) the screen itself flickering with white color, 6:00 the stage started flickering

I used Off scenes, Night and Party scenes, FullHD video size and Single autofocus (trying to select Infnity, but still the same) Image Stabilizer set to On

So in the end, i have to put the 12MP camera with HD video technology inside my pocket while seeing the other person next to me dont have such problem. Its quite embarrassing for me who proud with the Xperia S camera techhology and found out it's not as what we told/hear/see.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Xperia S - Video Shoot Problem

you should've tried some other modes Night scene and party are NOT for a concert

Night Portrait – take photos of a subject against a night scene. The built-in flash and red-eye reduction are enabled; shutter-speeds are low. Use of tripod recommended.

Night Scene – photograph nightscapes. Preprogrammed to use slow shutter speeds. Use of tripod recommended.

Party – take photos in a dim lit room; exposure and shutter speed are automatically adjusted for room brightness. Captures indoor background lighting or candlelight. Hold the camera very steady when using this mode.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but as per title, its about "Video Shoot" issue. If you take a look at the youtube link i've posted above, you can see the problem when doing a "Video Shoot" and the final result.

Thanks for the reply anyway :smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

yes I did looked at the videos and yes I am aware that you are asking for videos, but the info I gave you its true for videos not just pictures. I take a LOT of videos at concerts. those settings you used for those vids are great for star gazing or night skyline videos

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for the reply, as per my statement in my first post, i've already tested using those scenes available in the menu

I used Off scenes, Night and Party scenes, FullHD video size and Single autofocus (trying to select Infnity, but still the same) Image Stabilizer set to On

Night Scene / Night Potrait - This menu ONLY available in Camera Mode, and NOT available in Video Camera mode.

Night - Available in Camera Mode menu

I'm not sure how i can set a Night Scene or Night Potrait in Video Camera mode. Can you teach me how ?

Thanks in advance.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

What I use is landscape mode for concerts, it works well.

Anonymous(anon)

Hope Sony developer / engineer team can take a look at the video and see the issue where whenever there's a bright light coming from projector, the screen will be flicker regardless of the settings we used. Maybe there is no issue if i'm far away from the stage, but they should take a look at this and correct the issue. Why other competitors can and Sony cannot ? Doesn't make any sense right. Peace

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I know it doesn't make sense that SONY with this issues. I still haven't been able to get that error but I do get a lot of noise (sound) in the videos, they might have to tweak their software bc it sounds bad :smileysilly: