Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Alex

Xperia S S1Boot Fastboot

Hello, guys! I am currently working hard on my Xperia S. I want to unlock my bootloader, but not ready yet because I CANNOT INSTALL S1Boot Fastboot manually for my Xperia S. I am confused why, because it should work. How can I install it then?

One time poster
Alex

Re: Xperia S S1Boot Fastboot

Not sure why it said ********. I meant like working with.

Master
Thommo

Are you using the amended driver found in your Fastboot folder on your C: drive under usb_driver - You need to manually point it to this folder to install the correct driver but be quick about doing it as your device manager will only show the problem driver untill it can't find the correct driver in the dfault location

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Alex

Yeah man right now I figured it out, thank you! I've been trying since last weekend!

Greenhorn
ignitis

Hi,

I have the same issue. When i connect m xperia s in fastboot mode, i do not see any driver installation message now.

For the first time i saw the message that windows was installing S1Boot Fastboot driver, but it was unable to install it.

Also, i read somewhere that i need to manually point to the driver location but i cannot find anything where i can "browse" for the driver location.

Now, i do not see any message for driver installation. The drivers are not installed and hence I am not able to root my device.

Can anyone please help me with the eleborated process for the same?

Master
Thommo

[ Edited ]

If you have installed fastboot then the driver folder can and should be found in the directory below

C:\fastboot\usb_driver

If for some reason you don't have it then I have rar'd the drivers up and you can download them from the link below

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-yM_qnM8ZPRRjh6SUZtTWxLdTQ/edit?usp=sharing

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Greenhorn
ignitis

Hey Thommo,

So you want me to create a dir under C: and paste the files you attached... done.

But, how can i manually browse to the files and istall them. As said, when i connect m phone in fastboot mode, windows do not search for any drivers now. There is no action by windows. :smileysad:

Master
Thommo

Assuming you have installed Fastboot then you now need to open your device manager - There are several ways to do this but one way is to right click my computer or computer left click properties then on the left choose device manager or if using XP select the tab Hardware then device manager - Now look for a yellow sysmbol which means a missing driver this will only show up when you connect your phone in fastboot mode - When it does show up right click this then select update driver and choose the manual method which says something like let me choose the path etc - Then using the manual method direct it to that folder you downloaded, If all goes well it will begin the driver update and yellow sysbol will disapear - Fastboot mode will now be fully working

One time poster
BlindSkwerrl

Hi,

I have the same problem with the Xperia Z. 

I've downloaded the file Thommo provided above but it still cannot find the driver in there.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks,

Blindy