2012-05-04 08:05 PM
Number of problems with Xperia S:
1. Bass on the music player is too weak. I wanted my Xperia S to replace my 5 year old walkman, but unfortunately, the bass is too weak. Im sure this can be fixed by Sony.
2. Photos taken with the camera are too noisy, even in reasonable lighting
3. Continuous autofocus in video mode is pretty much unusable. Need a tap-to-focus or shutter button focus option.
4. Notification light is a little bit buggy. When on charge, and the light is amber/green, if a notification comes, the light blinks blue. Or in other words the charging status is no longer shown. Should show charging light and blink blue. I think the blinking intervals for some of the notifcations are too long as well.
2012-05-26 06:32 PM
1. Xperia S was designed for viewing, rather than listening. Plug it to an amplifyer with 14" Sub-Woofer. Feel the bass!
2. I think it's common for this is a SMARTPHONE and not a CAMERAPHONE. Use Nokia N8, instead.
3. No problem in mine. Try cleaning the lense.
4. Notification light is normal. Who cares if it's charging or not, as long as it notifies you of any messages.
2012-05-26 06:56 PM
1) this is an smartphone not a featured phone/non-smartphone like the walkman were you could include a huge speaker
2) this is a problem on all Xperias over compressed pictures and with the Xperia S add the washout colors when you transfered your pictures to a computer (w/o bravia engine)
3) this is another issue that I hope this is fix soon @Kaylaks try to take a video while walking you'll see the issue
4) this is normal, but you can change this, download an app "Blink" to customized your notifications
Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers
2012-05-27 12:53 AM
Perfect example of a useless reply.
Are you serious about advicing someone to use N8 ? So the 12Mpixels Camera on the Nokia made it a Cameraphone but the 12.1Mpixels on the Sony did not ?
Xperia S was designed for viewing ? viewing what ? TV stations ? There is a complete thread about the weak below average bass experience on the Xperia S which might be related to software limitation/regulation as far as I can think of it. My last 4 devices ( from 2008 till now ) all have better listening experience than the Xperia S
Try cleaning the lens? typical average-joe would believe such advices. There has been a thread with more than 400 replies ( deleted yesterday by Mods or maybe hidden now for unknown reason ) which criticize the mediocre camera and focus issue widely known. Check xda-developers thread about it...
As for the flashing light: You can use TouchFlow light to control the led notification and customize the blinking frequency and color.
Think before you type.
2012-05-27 12:58 AM
We have Discussion Guidelines
The Support Forum is for you
The Support Forum is not only for you and by you, but also says something about you. What does this mean? While we still don’t want to sound like your parents, you probably heard these before:
Share it. Reach out and have fun! There are millions of other Sony Xperia Smartphone users out there who share your passion for our products. Share your experiences and tips with them.
Show respect. This is a meeting place for Sony Xperia Smartphone users worldwide. Being part of a community that big means we must respect each other. Show respect to other members and they’ll respect you.
Keep it real. Don’t abuse the site. You’re responsible and liable for your actions. We don’t tolerate:
Disrespectful, offensive or flaming comments. We also have zero tolerance if you try to harass, threaten, embarrass or interfere with another user in any unwanted way (this includes trying to get another user's password or any other type of personal information).
Pretending to be someone else or register simultaneously under different pseudonyms/user names. And no inappropriate user names or aliases, please.
Publishing content that is illegal or offensive.
Stealing! Don’t publish any materials that you don’t have all the rights and permissions to.
Spam! So don’t publish any advertising or promotional material.
Uploading viruses, Spyware or other harmful or malicious software programs.
2012-05-27 01:10 AM
I have read and agreed on the etiquette; I'm :
1- Not abusing the site
2- Not spamming
3- Not publishing materials whatsoever
4- Not cursing or swearing
Criticizing someone's post which does not add any value to the discussion and insult our intelligence in a rude and sarcastic way should not be considered offensive. We are trying to be constructive in order to solve our pending issues and the first reply is nothing close to helpful.
Thanks for your understanding.
2012-05-27 01:14 AM
Although we have strived to foster an open and honest community here on the forum, we have recently come to the conclusion we may have been ignorant to some of the conversation that has been occurring here.
We entirely respect any discussion you have concerning the products, services and support we offer, but beginning today we will begin actively moderatoring user spam, personal attacks and foul language with the "2 strike rule". We will publically warn you of any infractions and if we are informed of a second occurrence, your account will be banned. We define these items as follows:
1. User spam - Repeated posting of the same or similar content across multiple threads. This includes "advertising” or posting of you dissatisfaction with a product, service or the support from our company. Please always feel free to post new threads with any concerns you have, but please keep the conversation in that thread.
2. Personal attacks - Rude behavior is easily recognized, and will not be tolerated. This includes to other members, moderators and employees of Sony Ericsson.
3. Foul language - Although foul language is made invisible by the automated profanity filter, it is still not acceptable to post. Attempts to circumvent the filter will be treated the same.
This is truly not something we wanted to have happen, but we want this forum to be a place people are happy to visit, or feel comfortable posting questions and comments. We hope you appreciate our transparency and continue to post here as often as you please.
2012-05-27 01:16 AM
2012-05-27 01:41 AM
Well Suze I am not going to argue with you about it as it seems with both are looking at things from different perspective.
I've been member and active contributer on many high-tech forums since more than 12 years and can tell you that for each one its own Forum etiquette but I can guarantee you that above posts like KaYLakS one are never welcomed.
Anyway, feel free ( you or Mods ) to take any convenient action that suits the situation.
2012-05-27 01:59 AM
What's wrong with my post?
We ommit 1, 3, and 4 for the OP:
2 - N8 is still superior when it comes to STILL images compared to my Xperia S. Maybe about the lense of the camera and the OS with the flash. I don't need to elaborate those specs.
*For Viewing: When you capture video, mine has superb quality (even @720.. i seldom use @1080) than the N8. Watching the video from your phone is viewing. The audio from the video being captured is for listening. <---this is the real problem --audio from video capture in loud speakers.
@uliwooly: I went over my captured vids (concerts). Seem's fine with me. All there were lots of shaking because I was jumping from here and there.
Hey... I love my Xperia S. No matter what they say about the problem, I still love it.
BTW: Some people are left-handed and they usually touch the camera lens. Don't you think that would cause autofocus problems?