Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia S GPS Problem

I´ll get a new phone by my provider in a few days. But a working gps is absolutely necessary for me.

So if there won´t be a clear statement by sony within the next days, i have to choice an other one.

Its such a fascinating smart phone. What a pity!!!

greetz from germany

Anonymous(anon)

Radio silence from SONY until they can sell as many of them as they can, plus P and U are coming out soon (in a month?) ION and I think there is one more coming out soon too, so.... If you want a SONY product I advise you to wait another couple of months... We will probably never find out why SONY released yet another defective phone and asked for so much money... And of course yes.... blah-blah not everybody has the same problem and if you call customer service they will pretend they never heard of GPS problems or yellow tints on the S but the bottom line is the same. It stinks. GPS issues is a blunder for this device... I hope the P wont have the same problems...

Anonymous(anon)

If you are still awaiting the Firmware update here is a work around you can try works for me...

Previous time out <10 minutes... Just completed a 55 minute bike ride without timing out...

What you need to do is Purge Assistance Data

Do this by opening the dialler and press the following characters: *#*#7378423#*#*

Service Tests>GPS> Purge Assistance Data

Then OK

Back out of the Service menu and GPS should now work

You may need to reboot before using if it is already locked

Anonymous(anon)

Thank you very for such information.

If it is confirmed that 6.0.A.3.67 fixed the issue, why not push Sony Mobile Taiwan to release 6.0.A.3.67? Rebooting phone/GPS during driving is very dangerous! Please treasure lives of your customers!

Anonymous(anon)

If it is confirmed that 6.0.A.3.67 fixed the issue, why not push Sony Mobile Taiwan to release 6.0.A.3.67? Rebooting phone/GPS during driving is very dangerous! Please treasure lives of your customers!

Anonymous(anon)

I have tried this and it has made no difference. Would I be correct in assuming that this is not fit for purpose? 

Anonymous(anon)

Worked for me... I have now upgraded the Firmware to 67 (see http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/34424) fed up waiting for Orange to release a branded version of the new Firmware.

GPS now works perfectly

Anonymous(anon)

im a huge fan of sony literally will not buy any other electronic if i can get the sony ones, but this is just unacceptable how can you leave a problem like this so long without a worldwide released solution? if you were apple it would not be tolerated this is why you are in huge debt because you do not have a good enough relationship with your customers. You need to pull your finger out and sort out these little problems which are actually costing you millions and you don't even realise it. Look after your customers and we will look after you, if not you will suffer like you are now you relased too slow so now you owe us

Anonymous(anon)

Have serious problems with my gps on the sony experia s.

Constantly looses the gps signal when i use the navigation and then justs keeps searching for gps and this will go on and on and will only pick the gps up again when i turn the phone off and on.

Took the phone back  to the three store where they issued a replacement phone but this had the same problem from day one.

Took that back but they didnt whant to know.

I am in the process of taking legal advice over this.

Anonymous(anon)

I have GPS problem also. Often Sports Tracker lose exact GPS information and show wrong distance. Please, I need answers to during the week, otherwise I have to return the phone to the store. Firmware version is 6.0.A.3.73

screenshot_2012-05-08_1555.png