Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
intellix

Re: Xperia S GPS Problem

Oskar,

Do you know when the update will be available for all the regions?

Mine is from Singapore and the update is still not avaiable there.

(Unless I go in and manually flash it with a generic ROM with .67)

Anonymous(anon)

Hi as above mentioned that .67 will fix the problem with gps.

I had updated .67 and still I have some issues.

I tried to search my location and I got the msg " Your current location is temporarily unavailable.

And then agian few hours later I started to test it out then it worked but the accuracy of the GPS isn't that great.

What I meant was that it doesn't point out my exact location, instead of that it gives me a nearby location and then again it jumps back to my location. It happens again and again.

screenshot_2012-03-19_0650.jpgscreenshot_2012-03-19_0654.jpg

Anonymous(anon)

I got my xperia S on the 17th march and i was pleased until my gps app started freezing after 10 mins of with only remedy having to restart my phone only for the problem to recur. I straight away returned my phone on Monday and got a replacement xperia s but it's also plagued with the same problem. Now I use my phone in flight mode and everything works ok. Today I chat to a Sony xperia advisor and I was perplexed when informed that they have not heard of this issue even though when i check the sony forums and others there are lots of people complaining of the issue. I'm not impressed sony, I really love this handset and I don’t want to let it go but you are tying down my hands. I want to be able to use gps and still be able to make & receive phone calls. :smileyplain:

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

I just phoned Sony to complain about the GPS, they said the update for ics will fix the problem, and will be due to roll out within the next two weeks, does anyone no if this is correct as I read in another blog that ics update won't fix this,

Cheers

One time poster
pixate

Hope they get this sorted for you. I have to say the GPS is fantastic when it does work. It is by far the quickest device I've used to get a lock on location and seems very reliable from the use I've had so far.

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem with t-mobile nl xperia S. After a few minutes nav freezes and says "Your current location is temporarily unavailable". Rebooting fixes the problem. Once in a while i could live with but it's 9 out of ten times within 10 minutes :smileysad:. We really need a fix!

Xperia S Black 2.3.7 .62 software.

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem. The GPS stopped after 1 kilometer. I thought that my new phone should be better than my old one. Bummer!

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same issue.. I use sports traker, today stopped after 6 minutes... this is hopeless... support suggested I get my provider to replace the phone which they did... exactly the same problem.

The suggestion to upgrade firmware to version .67 isn't available in the UK...

I use sports tracker to log my runs...not bee able to do that for 10 days :-(

When will this be fixed ?

Anonymous(anon)

When will the new firmware be available in the UK... you uk support know nothing of this issue

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem. I use runtastik to trak my mountainbiketours and i "NEED" the gps function. When will there be an update to .67 in germany? You cannot sell a phone that doesnt works! I am very disappointed with Sony.... :smileyangry:  I hope you will give me a sufficient answer here soon.