Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia NFC tags

Does anybody know where on earth I can buy a couple from? My xperia s came from phone4u with no tags at all. i see some direct sales from opeartors like o2 and three sent them, bundled. The online retailer Ive lloked at has them either unavailable or not available for at least a month.

Surely Sony got enough of these manufactured for release day????

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Xperia NFC tags

I wonder if the NFC tags must be Sony's or can it be any NFC tags

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NFC-Tags-MIFARE-Ultralight-NFC-Sticker-25mm-diameter-Qty-5-/180834543716?pt=...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

in my case i was planning to buy a xperia s then when i check the inside of the box there were no hdmi cable nor nfc tags? I mean this is one of xperia s' main features / highlights right? so how come there are nt included in the package? I remember watching the video on sony's site but I think there were no dosclaimer th NFC were sold separately? Please help! or correct me if i am wrong

One time poster
hellraiser6662

Yea I 2 didn't get any tags in the box and I two got mine from phonesfor u. I did phone them up and asked why they didnt come with the tags, they sead "it dont come tags & only if I recieved a email from them about the tags I wont be getting any" I think this is bad why the hell sony hasnt sent out at least 1 tag within the box so you can have a play I dont know??

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Unfortunately the packaged items will vary from region to region and in some cases network to network.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Well in my opinion, they should have atleast included one tag for the buyer of the XS to experience the beauty of the NFC tags! and also HDMI cables. Sony said in their video that they are not just selling "GADGETS" but also they sell "EXPERIENCE" so where is the experience there? It is how marketing does it, right? Like when selling food, its the FREE TASTE so people will come back for more. not to mention that they featured the NFC tags and HDMI cables in the promotional videos... my point is if they would not include the tags in some regions or network, then they shouldn't have included them in all new phones supplied everywhere. Well I guess this won't change things and arguing will not change how they want it done..... I hope this won't affect the XS' sales, for me I will still wait when it is actually available here in the Philippines but if the price is not reasonable considering the things from above then I won't change my xperia neo. :smileysad:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

they should have the same add-on all over the world, it sucks that some countries get more goodies than others, it gives this idea that some countries are more important to sony than others, maybe is just me :smileysilly:

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

It would be nice but it is not just up to us. it comes about as a discussion between ourselves and the various networks/retailers and in some circumstances decisions can be made to alter the packaged materials to reduce cost etc.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
hellraiser6662

Im sorry but wouldnt it just be better to put just 1tag to beable to test out thesmart tags & dont sell any other way I would have thoughtful that was more cost affective and then the customer is happy. Not having to spend 19 pounds on 4tags

Forum Legend
uliwooly

lets put aside networks, SIM free versions should include everything right? HDMI, usb cable, charger, 4 nfc tags, screen protector, etc?

regarding reduce cost? how is that possible if the phone its about the same price around the world, or the cost reduction its for retailers not directly to customers? :smileysilly: if this is true then it seems like a umbrella approach from SONY hopping that retailers will trickle down the savings :smileysilly:

You may say I'm a dreamer :smileysilly: but I'm not the only one..