Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: XPERIA S : Reviews and Reception

Indeed, it doesn't make sense why is the phone so big, not the screen but the housing it self its too thick, just compare it with the Galaxy Nexus

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4369&idPhone2=4219

Xperia S                    Galaxy Nexus

Dimensions128 x 64 x 10.6 mm135.5 x 67.9 x 8.9 mm
Screen4.3in4.65in

Xperia IonGalaxy Nexus

133 x 68 x 10.8 mm135.5 x 67.9 x 8.9 mm
Screen4.554.65

then adding that bottom part, why? ugh

I think this phone should be on the same price range as the icrap 4 (not the 4S) or the Samsung galaxy S2 or mid range HTC LG Samsungs :smileysilly:

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

You are so right... so much waste... I cant wait until we start making custom phones like a PC!

The bottom part of the phone I am sure is going to be really annoying while typing too...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

the bottom part its supposed to house the Mic and Speaker, why there? why can't it be slimmer, perhaps if they did a better job and not having that pointless back cover it would've been slimmer and there wouldn't be a need for that bar.

which makes me wonder does Sony Ericsson design the phones first and then they try to see which hardware they can fit there :smileysilly:

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

lol in Greece we say "some people put first the pants and then the underwear"...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

a great design its important but not more important than the hardware, that's my opinion

Visitor
WinterStars

Well if it is average in design but excellent in Hardware we can overlook the design to a certain extent and vice versa. If the design is excellent and the HW is average then that is also fine. But average on both counts .... hmmm. I don't know. I am a bit depressed with the CES and MWC.

LG, Acer, HTC, Panasonic, etc I am not convinced. Motorola is too erratic. That leaves only Samsung besides Sony...

Anonymous(anon)

That s my opinion too.. but the thing is that we are "power users", and we "balance" a phone differently than the demographic that the marketing teams are targeting at.

"Power users" are a minority in the mobile device equilibrium and that s why our voices are not heard. If 90 people are asking for a stupidly attractive mobile that can text and post FB updates and cost less than $700, they are going to get a $699 S. If 10 people are asking for a phone with less than 700 bugs that looks good and lasts for more than 9 hours on heavy use we are still going to get a $699 S. IOW noone cares about quality. They want sales so that the stock will go up.

9 out of 10 people dont care if the bootloader is locked or if they are allowed to root their device. Wouldnt detect any noise or saturation on their pics even with a gun on their heads. 12MPX camera says it all and that s it. Dual Core kicks the single and it s enough for the majority. Some people I know spent their savings to get the same phone in white. Who cares about tethering and better BT.

I can go on and on, apologize about my bitterness again and off my soap box

Forum Legend
uliwooly

yeah it seems that the best option is samsung at this point, unless sony has a surprise, something that will be better than the S, doubt it :smileysad: they might announce the new mini pro or the Upro or Ppro or Spro or the new NXT Play

Visitor
WinterStars

Sony had this in mind when they decided not to add the SD card. :smileylaugh:

IMG_4605-200x150.jpg

Forum Legend
uliwooly

hahaha excellent :smileysilly: