Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Why so slow on delivering .73 UK Generic Updates

After speaking two UK support personnel. The UK Generic XS users are still waiting for the official .73 update. Why the delay in releasing this.  If the update is rolling out why was there no communication about it.

Come on Sony UK sort this out. I am not talking about ICS by the way before someone confuses this update with ICS.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Why so slow on delivering .73 UK Generic Updates

Having to wait for some days (or weeks), I can imagine that, there are a lot of versions and add-ons by local providers to test.

But I would appriciate it if Sony came with a releaseplanning of the .73 generic update, some expectation management. Now I am constantly checking when my Netherlands Generic .73 update for my XS is released via PPC.

Anonymous(anon)

Similar case in India as well. I was told they are rolling out to different markets at different points of time, will have to wait. If you are looking to manually update your build to .73, go http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/34424.

(Credit to uliwooly for providing the link.)

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for the responses but it's been almost a month since .73 was released in Singapore. Why the delay Sony this is a patch not ICS. This patch is much needed. Sony UK needs to roll this out or  you will get many returning their handsets within their 14 day returns policy because of bad battery.

Anonymous(anon)

Talking about it... got a message 5 mins ago that the .73 update is available for my XS NLD generic.... Will update it tonight :smileyhappy:

Trustee
Markus

The UK support personnel you've been in touch with already are probably the ones with best information for your market. My best advice is to keep in contact with these since they will most likely be the first to know if new info becomes available.

Now, in an ideal world (you would not have to start a sentence like this) we would like to give ALL phones the latest update at the same time. This is unfortunately not possible - and since this cannot be done we would of course like to provide you all with a timeline or some information when each phone kit or market or operator (etc..) will get the update. But. Since each and every software version for each and every kit have to be tested and approved, the information would be old and outdated before most of you had read it.

It might sound easy, but rolling out new software is pretty advanced stuff. I'm not even sure I get the full picture. :smileyhappy:

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding the rollout of new software. I will answer what I can.

Until then - enjoy your weekend!

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Thank you your reply Markus. I understand the challenges faced with the rollout kit not sure if you seen the feedback on the XDA thread but there is a lot of dejected users there upset with the battery life .73 has gone quite substantially to addressed the issue.

As to the kit provided on the sim free units in the UK I am sure decreasing a few apps that are bundled with the UK firmware will speed up the process. They can be downloaded from the market. I work for a software company granted Q&A is an important step in the rollout process but to wait almost a month for a patch since it's release in other terroritories is kind of a joke.

If this patch sets precedence to ICS rollout, I see what should have been a triumph For Sonymobile turn into a PR disaster well in the UK anyway where demand for this handset was very high.

Since Mr Hirai focuses this year is Mobile, Gaming and digital imaging. Let's hope Mobile improves.  I can see it now The P and U and Sola  will most probably get ICS before the S.

Anonymous(anon)

Still no update,

I also have a generic Xperia S Mobile and still not firmware update.... Im loosing my patience.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

How to "manually" update Xperia S LT26i 2.3.7 build number 6.0.A.3.67 & .73

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/34424

Anonymous(anon)

No, I dont want to do this.... I want an official update from Sony..... The point im getting at is this is seriously poor service mate.

We should have an update by now, all the network providers have in the uk, but not the unbranded phones. I used to own a HTC Desire that had far better update cycles etc. If new firmware was released in Korea it would come out in a few days across the world.... Not like Sony who seem to take forever. Look at their Playstation platforms, they get updates in a much better manner.

Not happy....