Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

slimshaddy

Re: Who plans to upgrade to the Xperia S?

i posted this in another thread :smileylaugh:

Anonymous(anon)

Hello Steve.. Keep me posted when you receive your Xperia S... Xperia S will be available 20th of march in my place.. Im upgrading my xperia neo the first one with 8MP.... with reviews that ive seen 12MP was stellar so i think it s a nice upgrade with the 1080 HD video... my concern now is the battery, back cover and the capacitive 3 dots. Ive been using my neo via 3G and i recharge my phone 2 times in a day (i hate it)

Summary (the negative review that i hate)

1. Back cover-they said its squeky orsomething like that-plasticky

2. hit and miss of the 3 dots

3. Battery just enough for regular day (im using 3G most of the time and it drains very fast with my NEO 1700MH) xperia  S has 1750Li-po

Anonymous(anon)

same here... Dual core plus the 12MP cam

add the 342PPI HD screen....

now im wondering if which color is better white or black?

Anonymous(anon)

xperia S will be soon in my hands.. Cheers! but im waiting for indepth reviews and benchmarks...

slimshaddy

great :smileysilly:

One time poster
Jawadkhalid89

Of course the dual core, more amount of RAM , 12 MP camera , wifi direct ... 

But i don't like the price, so i'll wait

Anonymous(anon)

ive been watching a lot of unboxing and it makes me drool...

HD

12MP

dualcore

design (but like xperia P built)

Transparent element (stands out from the crowd)

but im still waiting!!!!....  1 week left.... (plus im waiting for my money LoLz...)

im an xperia Neo 8 the original user and im looking for a bigger screen so i think it will be a smart upgrade...

wish list: Body built like xperia P and the white Magic,

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Even engadget share more or less my view on the new Xperias

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/08/sony-xperia-s-review/

"Could the Xperia S be your first Sony-branded phone? It you're all about media consumption, and if you're prepared to wait while Sony makes its cloud-based platforms more coherent, then the Xperia S is a great device. The display and the speaker are absorbing and addictive. The battery life is excellent, the processor is a good fit and the absence of expandable storage shouldn't weigh too heavily if you get the 32GB option.

On the other hand, if you make more varied demands of your smartphone -- like excellent build quality, pocket-friendly slimness or photos you can enlarge -- then things get more complicated. US pricing has yet to be announced, but the 32GB version of the Xperia S is going for upwards of £430 ($680) SIM-free in the UK, or £370 pay-as-you-go on the Three network. Similar money could fetch you a legendary all-rounder like the Galaxy S II, or stretch to a 16GB Galaxy Nexus with an HD screen and better build quality, or -- very soon -- an HTC One S, which promises a cutting-edge Qualcomm S4 processor and abetter camera. When sized up against a long rubric of criteria, rather than just its entertainment credentials, there's little to make the Xperia S a compelling purchase."

"Previous Xperias, such as the Neo, suffered from excessive image compression, and that's still unfortunately an issue with the Xperia S. There's no option to change the JPEG settings to create bigger, prettier files comparable to what you'd get on the Galaxy S II or iPhone 4. The default compression has improved considerably since the Neo, with 12-megapixel stills averaging a file size of 3MB, but that's still not enough."

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Greenhorn
Adadvait

Better wait for a while,save some bucks and GO FOR Xperia SP

One time poster
scorpio

Hi Jeff,

I cannot run NFS Drift, Most Wanted, Hot pursuit etc on my Xperia S while other cheap samsung devices run them smoothly. After installation it just crashes. Hot Pursuit started, but road wasn't visible. It was all pitch black. I cud only see the car and trees. Please help.

I am a big fan of all NFS games & I wud love to have them playing on my xperia S.

Give me a reason to flaunt my possession.

Thanks