Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
hellraiser6662

Re: Three cannot help me with connecting my Xperia S to PC Companion

Did you touch the phone before the drivers were installed? I.e when to asked to install the pc companion if you did there is a problem if you dont touch till the drivers have been installed. Then install the pc companion. I had loads of problems with a xp computer seeing it just as a camera but it now sorted.

One time poster
an2ny79

irritating.. from x2 to x10 to Arc, now S.. When can I have a perfect Sony Model?? I have just received my XperiaS, reflash firmware 2x now just to make this work.

Anyway, I noticed that problem occured when you unplug USB due to unresponsive windows explorer.  Seems like it's corrupting system files or such..  Also, why it's sooooo slow transfering file via USB??  MyPhoneExplorer is much better to transfer files than using Windows Explorer.  This phone went back to x2 winmobile era (but in android platform)...

Oh my!!!  5 hours ago, I was so excited.. now... oh my...

One time poster
an2ny79

Alright after playing with my windows device manager.. I made something that made it work again... I was about to reflash this phone for the third time..

I went to device manager, look at Xperia S propertly (which has an error, cannot load device)..

- I clicked the Driver tab

- then Driver Details button...

I saw c:\windows\system32\Drivers\klfltdev.sys (a Kaspersky Lab sys file).. what the???

- I disabled my Kaspersky End Point Security..

- then disable the device (Xperia S).. 

When I Enable it, it worked..

I don't know if there's a connection of disabling AV first before you disable/enable the device.. or you could just simply disable and enable the Xperia S device... for now, it's working fine.. if it screwed up again.. I'd do some combination to narrow down the solution.

One time poster
Heiko

I seem to have solved my problem for the time being. As it turns out, it had nothing to do with the installation of PC Companion or with anything happening on the pc. The cause was a corrupt file system of the Internal Storage of the phone. Formatting that fixed it for now.

One time poster
an2ny79

Ok.. so I replicate the prob by messing with computer-Xperia connection.. I just disable/enable Xperia S device (don't uninstall the driver!!!) after that PC companion found my phone...  If this didn't solve the prob, reformatting (or resetting to factory default) will defintely do the trick, but that should be put as your last resort.

Well, this device is far more better than Xperia Arc... The only thing I hate with this phone, Built-in storage and battery...