Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Speaker Phone

Anyone else experiences the same problem? can you try the speaker phone in a call?

One time poster
intellix

Well, I certainly have it. And Sam from Xperia support has not replied since the last few posts.

There is certainly a bug (Hopefully firmware issue) which causes the low speaker volume during calls.

And I really hope it will be fixed with the firmware updates (in future)

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Sorry for not coming back to you. However as I outlined above there is very rational explanation as to the difference between playing music through the loud speaker and playing a call through it. I have tested three other handsets of the same model and can confirm what you saying regarding the difference but I must say I had no problem with the volume being too low.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

The rational explanation does NOT mean the problem is solved. There is a difference in speaker volume for different tasks. If the speaker is capable of projecting loud voice, why not let it give the highest volume in speaker phone setting. I need speaker phone when I call my family memeber overseas so that everyone home would be able to talk. I had no problem with other phones. But for Xperia S, the speakerphone volume is certainly low. It would be great if some internal setting can be changed in the next update to increase the speakerphone volume.

Anonymous(anon)

yes, I have the same problem. It looks like a general problem and I hope it will be solved with a new firmware update.

One time poster
Heiko

I agree with you. This is an important bug or design mistake (after all, even rational decisions can be mistakes :smileywink:smileyhappy:. Please make it as loud as possible. If it is too loud, we can always turn down the volume.

Anonymous(anon)

I give up on the so called technical support here. Even the problem can be reproduced by the support staff using another 3 sets, the support staff "determine" that the volume is not being too low, so it is not a problem. Note, it is the staff here to decide whether there is a problem, not their users.

Anonymous(anon)

Looks like this was so designed. But low speaker volume is very bad in some situations...

Anonymous(anon)

the speaker volume while attending calls is indeed very low. This is my third sony (ericsson) mobile, last one was P1i. had no such problem earlier.

there is a genuine problem and first step to solving it is acknowleding it. Hope you guys come out with some corrective action soon

Anonymous(anon)

Yes. I experience this problem as well. Music volume is good but speaker phone is too low. Can't hear the other end!!