Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
intellix

Speaker Phone

Quick question for anyone who may be able to answer this.

Has anyone noticed a low volume when the speaker phone is ON while making a call?

The phone speakers are awesome when you play music. However, when I turn the speaker phone ON during a call, the sound doesnt seem to be that great. Infact it is quite faint.

Any one else has the problem?? Also does anyone know any solutions??

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Re: Speaker Phone

I have not been able to replicate this here, however did you attempt to adjust the incall volume whilst you have a connected call?

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
intellix

Yes the incall volume is set to max

And if u go to the xda forum for xperia s phone you ehall see a lot of people

With the same prob... I am with ver. 62

slimshaddy

whats the link to the xda thread..??

One time poster
intellix

slimshaddy

i see you only made the thread at xda :smileyhappy:

what you can do..

1. hange your sim , ( a different operator maybe ) and then check if the problem remains or not... i think it can be a network issue....
  2. take your phone to the nearest service centre and get it checked..
One time poster
intellix

Checked with a friend of mine who has the same phone. He is facing the same problem as well.

Should not be a phone specific problem unless we were both unlucky enough to land up with bad phones.

Also, dont know where we are the only ones having this issue. I started this thread in XDA after noticing that few users had complained about the low call volume in speaker phone in the general information section. Hence I started the new section and 2 more came up and confirmed the problem, Thats when I started the thread out here in this forum to get the attention of the sony devs.

It seems like you are not noticing any problem?? What firmware are you on?? is it ver 62 or 67.

Also, it is not that the speaker phone doesnt work at all. But the call volume is much much lower through the speaker phone than when music or anything else is played. The call volume through speaker is comparable with my Xperia X10 which has a much weaker speaker offcourse.

So, am I the only one noticing this??? And this may not be an issue at all. Maybe its how this whole thing was designed. But if the music or video or text to speech or navigation instructions can play super duper loud through the speaker.............so should a phone call.

Compare the difference and report back.

Note: sony service centre does not support the phone yet since it has not yet been released in US.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I hope this is not a hardware limitation/issue like the X10 experienced with the ear-speaker

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

I will need to confirm this, however the reason there is likely to be a difference between playing music through the ear speaker and playing a call through it could be that whilst the music is stereo and thereby making use of that feature in the phone, the call is mono and so is not able to make use of that feature. This would certainly make a noticeable difference between the volume/quality of the two formats. Ad I said I will need to confirm this but it makes sense to me.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem. The speakerphone is just too soft. The speaker has no problem playing music, watching video, volume is quick ok for these tasks. However, in speaker phone mode, the voulme is very soft..

I have used mobile phones for more than 10 years and android phone for more than 2 years. so I believe I have made all possible settings to increase the in-call volume.

In terms of speakerphone voulme among all phones I have used before (about 10), I believe Xperia S is one of the lowest.