Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Spam notifications on Xperia S?

I've been getting this notifications, they look like a gree plus sign + they are spam that will open the browser

any idea what is triggering it? I don't have any new apps, and it started couple days ago. this last one was about winning a new ipad.

screenshot_2012-05-02_1648_1.png

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Re: Spam notifications on Xperia S?

This is the ad that it takes me to

screenshot_2012-05-02_1659.png

screenshot_2012-05-02_1659_1.pngscreenshot_2012-05-02_1659_2.png

screenshot_2012-05-02_1700_1.png

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

That is weird as from past experience this is triggered by a third party application that supports push adverts. It would have to be a third party application you have installed as there is nothing by default in the phone that does this.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Do you think it has to do with PS pocket or PS Store those are the last apps I've installed on my Xperia S

I'll keep checking, I even check on running apps but there wasn't anything suspicious

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

I do not believe it is those two, I know others with them installed who do not get the notifications.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

I'll keep checking

Anonymous(anon)

Have you found the culprit? I have the same problem on my Xperia S and I could not identify the source either.:smileysad:

Anonymous(anon)

I found Airpush Detector, that seems to be able to detect the culprit. I have detected 2 Themes that I installed, and have just uninstalled. Monitoring whether the Spam Ad Notification will pop up again.

http://androinica.com/2011/06/how-to-disable-ads-in-the-android-notifications-menu/

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I still haven't

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)