Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Sony Xperia S price revealed

So.... a dual core 1.5GHz processor, a 720p display, 1GB of RAM, 32GB of onboard storage and a 12-megapixel camera will cost around $700. Really? Really... Is it really expensive or is it that I am so poor that it seems ridiculous. Of course I will not bet my head for the reliability of the info on this link but it is the only one I found. The blunder will be if the phone comes out crippled. I saved some money for a new phone but that s way out of my league. The more I look at it the more I like it though... It s exactly what I was looking for on an android phone...

here is the link

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/blog/1205808/sony_xperia_s_price_revealed.html

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Sony Xperia S price revealed

the Arc was about the same price when it was released, same as the X10. next month Sony will announce more Xperias, in the Mid and Low range

the Xperia S will probably be around $550 or so

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for your comment Uli! Can you please do something to get one of them in your hands and write a review? I wish SONY will take back our crippled X10s and give us an S with a good discount... Although it will be hard to let go that s@cker! ahahahahahah!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

trust me, as soon as I can get my hands on an Xperia S and/or Ion I will test the phone, I will try to find its limits :smileysilly: bugs etc but its going to be a while :smileysilly:

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks, I am in the need for a dual core phone and I know you are going to "stretch" the phone beyond its limits for the review.

My X10 doesnt have much life anymore. I travel a lot and I use every Hz of its processor and every byte of its RAM,  24/7 for a year now. Few times it gave up, especially after the GB "update" and I dont know what I would do if I didnt have my trustworthy Jack II with me for back up. I need a solid phone that doesnt start with an i, that will get me through a rough day with one charge and I AM SICK OF HEARING PEOPLE SAYING "what? excuse me? I am sorry I didnt hear that, please call again when you get off your motorbike, or aircraft carrier, or where ever you are" when of course I am in my quite office...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

yeah the X10 has some hardware disadvantages :smileysad:, I hope at&t display the xperia Ion soon and maybe some other retailer will display the S, it'll be nice if Sony Ericsson send the phones for testing purposes to some members of the forum :smileysilly:, we can always dream

slimshaddy

rumoured prices of all xperia 2012 lineup :smileywink:

what do you guys think...?? well   yes we dont know all the techs and specs but still what do you reckon :smileysilly: :smileysilly:

40.bmp 

One time poster
Steve1970

Interesting.  I take it the Hayabusa and the Mint are likely to be tablets going by those prices??

slimshaddy

can be :smileyhappy:

i dint think of that....

i purchased peria arc for 550$ ( converted to dollars )

Forum Legend
uliwooly

$550 from NegriElectronics

https://negrielectronics.com/sony-xperia-ion-at-t-unlocked-black.html