Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Achiket

Sony Xperia S Made in chaina?

Hey , yesterday i brought my sony xperia s phone from ebay for Rs 27,000/- but on back side on mobiles battery its written that its made in china and even on headphone covers too.. i m got fooled? please help me.. to knw whether its orignal one or dupliacate?

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Re: Sony Xperia S Made in chaina?

Many of the parts you mentioned, such as batteries and headphones, are often made in China.If you want to know whether the phone itself is genuine and not a fake, then check the phone's serial number (IMEI) with Sony, or simply see if PC Companion or the Update Service recognise the phone.

One time poster
Achiket

Thanks Dr_chris for quick reply

My phones IMEI number is 351710057078049 and i have checked it on http://www.imei.info/ but it showing some another model of sony..

So what to do now?

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Yes it shows up as a K610i, which is indeed very worrying. I checked my own phone and it shows up as the correct one. I suggest you send a private message to one of the SE moderators on this forum so that they can confirm this and advise you on what to do.It seems that, if this is indeed true, you will need to contact the ebay seller and ask for a refund.

Visitor
robertpaton0

Hi, checked my XS on that site and came back the same as yours.Tried www.numberingplans.com and info came back correct.

MVO
One time poster
MVO

http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=analysis⊂=imeinr

This one gives the correct result indeed. The other site was wrong about met XS and HTC Desire Z so just use the correct website.

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Yes indeed, this site seems to be a lot more acurate--both Achiket's and my phone's IMEI check out correctly. You can use the link on the other website to report the error (s).

Master
nolramlb

Sony makes their products in china, because their factory is located in china,

Talent
sbkhbk

Hello,

I am from France and i bought mobile from Online.

After seeing this thread i checked my IMEI in http://www.imei.info and i see a wrong model displayed for me as well..

Model: K610i

Brand: SONY ERICSSON

IMEI: TAC: 351710 FAC: 05 SNR: 635569 CD: 5

Whom should i need to contact? How should i need to proceed? Please help.

Master
nolramlb