Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Jesmond

Settings on Xperia S Keyboard

Hi,

I have accidentally enable the Chinese / Japanese keyboard on my Xperia S, and do not seem to be able to revert back to the standard english keyboard!

Please can anyone suggest how to revert back to the english one? I have tried browsing through the settings, but was not able to locate anything specific!

Thanks.

Oracle
suze

Re: Settings on Xperia S Keyboard

If you open up your text messaging and as if you are going to type the message, long press on the text input box and on the pop up menu that appears select input method and then see what options you have there.  I don't have an S but on my Neo it gives me International which is the standard default one.

Let me know if that helps. 

Nabeel

After Suze

( Messaging app > new message > drag the notification bar down > input method > international keyboard )

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

Oracle
suze

Thanks Nabeel, I need my new phone so I can be more helpful - I am out of date and out of touch with the newer models. :smileywink:

One time poster
Jesmond

Thanks everybody,

Close enough to put me on the right track:

you can change the input method by a "long press" on any text input field, message app, search, etc.

Then you can change the keyboard.

Regards

Oracle
suze

Glad you got sorted. I should be getting one of the newer phones soon so I will be able to be accurate with my answers.  :smileyhappy: