Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Oxyyyy

Report bugs on the new JB .200 update [Only for Xperia S, No SL]

Finally, we have the new update rolled out. Have you found any bugs ? Please share it here and fixes if you know.

Reported bugs till now by users for SXS

1) Screen unlocking

Fix : Just uninstall any screen locking app if you have any. That will fix it.

2) 2G issues, especially from India.

3)Battery drain (expected to settle down with time)

4) WiFi issues. (Iran issues and disconnections even when there is strong signal)

5) 3D Panorama is missing?

6)HD video recording lag (720 and 1080p)

7) notification saying that enabling STAMINA MODE can help.

8) Loud speaker is no longer loud compared to ICS.

EDIT : SONY confirmed that they are going to fix these things.

9) I have got thisnew bug. Camera in picture mode seems to be lagging when I select SCENE modes. Extremely lagging.

10) Is bravia engine working for eevryone who flashed/updated to .200 ?

11) Quick launch button for camera not working :O Phone doesnt even wakeup.

13) Tint issues with picture mode in camera.

14) 3rd party key board has  to be made default after reboot.

One time poster
hany

Re: Report bugs on the new JB .200 update [Only for Xperia S, No SL]

3d sweep panorama isnot present in the camera app after updating :smileyconfused:

Adept
FolkCleric

Network signal still drops on Jelly Bean.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/474189#474189

skip0pot2mus

Phone seems to be permanently "awake" all the time, regardless of Airplane mode overnight etc...

Forum Legend
Thommo

Yes it is open your camera app then in the top left corner it'll say something like SCN touch that then a bar will apear slide along untill you see Sweep Panorama job done and yes it works

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Inhabitant
Dragontrumpetare

YOu right about that 3D panorama is missing. I think this feature is removed.

One time poster
hany

thanks for your reply but i mean 3D panorama not sweep panorama like it was in ics :smileyhappy:

Inhabitant
Dragontrumpetare

Well so far i had the old bug back:

- Fast capture and take a picture or start filming aint working if you press the kamera button. But it do wake up, if that take picture is not chosed. Just start camera do work. Strange bug this to be honest. But the fast cature do work like a charm if its connected to charger.

- This aint a Sony problem but more a Google problem. But Please, remove Chrome. Chrome is actually making this phone and software unstable. I used chrome just to check it out, to see if it worked better with JB, but no. My phones worked really really good, before I tested Chrome. And now, its do have this bugs. They came after the use of chrome.

- Filming Video is choppy, and not smooth. Please fix.

- And batteri stamina extended feature doesnt seem to work at all. There is no differnce whats so ever have this on or off. And why not make us see (like in XPERIA Z) what time is estemated? I mean despite I haven used my phone. It lost almost 30% of charge during the night. And I didnt use it once during that time.

But shall admit. I didnt do a clean update. I did update to keep all my apps and such. This might have caused this bugs. I will do a clean install instead later. Maybe they do vanish. But this is actually the first time a update works this good despite the fact it aint a clean install. Usually the phone is very unstable, and usually not smooth. But this works ok. Maybe Android is getting closer to that all iPhone owners is so proud of. To be able to update there phones and keep everything without problems.

One time poster
hany

why ? :smileysad:

Inhabitant
Dragontrumpetare

Dont know. Maybe it wasnt working like it should?