Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Question for new coming Xperia S

thats not an official price but based on the other flagships it should be around that price, Sony can't sell it at a higher price since it will have last year's hardware, it will have a Dual-Core when all the other flagships will have Quad-core just an example

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Nicky

oh...so will be rise the proce when release in each nation each country ??

it's sony phone got AP version ??? xperia S ??
what's are the difference between AP and not AP ?

One time poster
Nicky

price*

Forum Legend
uliwooly

each country will have its own price like any other electronic, what do you mean by AP?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Nicky

Forum Legend
uliwooly

check this out

http://www.ptcrb.com/vendor/complete/view_complete_request_guest.cfm?modelid=20799

Certified Product Detail Below are all of the certified HW/SW versions of this product.  Manufacturer:smileyworried:ony EricssonModel #:LT26i (AAD-3880120-AV)Supported Technologies

and Frequency Bands:GSM: 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS FDD: Band I/Band II/Band V/Band VIII

HW VersionSW VersionRequest TypeDate Certified
A6.0.A.1.249InitialFeb 8, 2012

One time poster
Nicky

what's this ??
i means what is the difference between real phone and AP phone ???
why the money got difference wan??

Forum Legend
uliwooly

sorry I don't understand your questions

One time poster
Nicky

i dunknw how to say ><

Anonymous(anon)

Here at malaysia, we have phone categorized in two way, one is AP set and the other is Non-AP Set,

to put it simple, AP set mean a device that sold by retailer with their own supplier warranty and it is not bound to Sony's warranty. So, if the device damage or having manufacture defect, we need to send it back the the shop that where we bought it instead of sending it to Sony Service Centre.

while, Non-AP Set simply mean that a device come with warranty by Sony Corporation.

in this case, the sale the device with different price as what Nicky mention earlier.

and NICKY,

it is obvious that there is no spec. or shape or design or LOGO or NAME will be different, all will be just identical.

if you are confident that the device u purchase will last at least 1 0r 2 years without problem, you can just get the AP one.

but, since this is new model, there is no actually rating by daily users, so getting the NON-AP SET will be wise.

i believe the price only differ about 100 to 300 at most.