Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
skybeta

Non-Sony Headset Problems

The Xperia S definately has a problem with other headsets. Yes I know this phone has changed to a CTIA standard which it can only support the newer headsets. BUT even when I plug in a CTIA compatible headphone like Apple headsets and a SHURE one, it could NOT detect the headset at ALL! So I did look around and look for a solution. What i found is by holding the pause button of the headset and plug it into the phone. YES, it DID work(YEAH, but this is ridiculous). BUT NOT EVERYTIME!! Sometimes i need to plugin and out for 5 times+ in order to get it working! AND the PLAY button sometimes work sometimes NOT,  IT IS JUST BY LUCK! THIS IS VERY ANNOYING! This inconsistent response can be very sure is the PHONE problem NOT my headsets!Coz i also tried it on other android phones like the GSII and no probleems at all. AND The VOL UP AND DOWN button never worked!

COULD SONY REALLY LOOK INTO THIS MATTER AND GET THAT FIXED?!?!

And please do not give me any advice like get an adaptor or send my headphone for a replacement....

I am sure many of us out there are experiencing the exact same problem that I got here!

PLS!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Non-Sony Headset Problems

have you tried to update/repair your phone and see if its a bug that's creating that issue?

also you should change that word that might be insulting to others.

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

You can use SUS

Update Service (SUS)

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
skybeta

ok sorry about the wordings! my bad!

I have my PC Companion, it always says up to date. Is that a different thing?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

even if it says that it is up to date, repair it/re-install the software, SUS its far more reliable

Anonymous(anon)

I have found that all headsets with a 3 button remote built into it doesn't work.  Almost all of these are iPhone specific.

for all the remotes that work on the Xperia S, you'll have to find single button remotes like the Marshall Minor. 

The real kicker is that none of the Sony headsets I could find with remotes (and being in HK I can find alot) will work with the Xperia S.

Trustee
Markus

We're aware of this problem and we are investigating it as we speak. I don't know what's causing this or when there will be more information available though.

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same experience.

Two sets of Sennheiser headphones.  One with three buttons, one with one button.  The ones with one button work fine, the three button ones (my favorites :smileysad:) don't work at all - the phone doesn't even see them.

One time poster
bpresles

Any news on this issue? Can we expect a fix in a future software update?

Trustee
Markus

Sorry, no news at this point.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.