Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Talent
delwoods
Accepted Solution

New Firmware 6.1.A.2.55, So Whats New?

As the title says, a new firmware has been released to the xs, anybody have it yet ? anything new or improvements in this one ?

Anonymous(anon)

Re: New Firmware 6.1.A.2.55, So Whats New?

Id love to be able to answer but of course there is no update avaiable for UK SIM free handsets.

Talent
delwoods

Yep your right there, nothing for uk sim free again :smileyangry:

Also judging by the interest in this thread looks like most people have got rid of there xs's lol

gibbylinks

Or swapped ROMS !! (miui :smileyhappy:)

Master
Thommo

For those that know how to manually flash using Flashtool then the newest firmware can be downloaded from my Google Drive below

LT26i 6.1.A.2.55 SG Generic (1257-6921)

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-yM_qnM8ZPRYjhfUmQtV0JsSUU

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Smailchenko

Why Sony doesn't say anything about these firmwares 50 & 55 ?

Anonymous(anon)

Thommo wrote:

For those that know how to manually flash using Flashtool then the newest firmware can be downloaded from my Google Drive below

LT26i 6.1.A.2.55 SG Generic (1257-6921)

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-yM_qnM8ZPRYjhfUmQtV0JsSUU

The thing is given many of us laid out an initial payment of around £400 for the Xperia S it isnt unreasonable to expect some level of technical support from Sony without resorting to using flashtool.

Master
Thommo

I'm not asking or telling you to use Flashtool I am merely providing the firmware for those that like to update there phones manually or like to test out other country firmwares and other Firmware versions or revisions - Me I'm still using Gingerbread untill they fix the wi-fi issue which is my biggest issue

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
crazyk619

To sony if you not going to send us any updates in the UK dont bother sending your phones here i have been having problems since i got the device reception keeps dropping and 3g takes me 5 mins to connect to internet

Talent
Bearings

Download yesterday. Seems like they have finally fixed the camera quick launch, phone proximity issue.