Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
intellix

New Firmware 6.0.A.3.73

As per the Xperia S Facebook page, it seems like another new firmware version is rolling out. 6.0.A.3.73 firmware rolling out on Xperia S.

can the Sony moderators comment on what this version is about? What all fixes and changes have been introduced.

Also. I am still stuck with ver 6.0.A.3.62. PC Companion still shows that I have latest version of firmware and no updates are available.

I am based in US and have an unlocked Singapore version of the phone. So does that mean I will not be getting this new firmware update as well? Since I didnot receive ver 67 either.

One way to manually get the updates would be to flash with the updated ROM. (As mentioned in a previous thread regarding ver 67 update)

Although I could try that, I dont want to experiment with my phone just yet . I thought Sony would be providing a proper user friendly way to get the firmware updates installed.

Any comments??

Trustee
Jeff

Re: New Firmware 6.0.A.3.73

What Facebook page are you talking about?

We don't release changelogs at this time.

Firmware can be confusing sometimes, that version of firmware is unlikely to be for ALL Xperia S devices, it may be a small update for some regions, or even specific operators.

In the end, if PC Suite isn't prompting you to install a new update, any new updates are NOT for your device and device configuration anyway, so we would advise against attempting to update via other means.

One time poster
intellix

My main problem is that I have the GPS issue which as per the DEVs was resolved with ver 63.

I NEVER got an update for ver 63 since PC Companion and SEUS says that my phone is up to date.

Hence I have to continue working with the faulty GPS which is really not a good thing considering such a premium priced high end device.

Hence I was wondering when would I get an update (if any) which would probably solve my GPS problem.

As of the update, few people have already received the same. Refer to the XDA thread which I had created.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1568611

Anonymous(anon)

i too are in the uk on t-mobile with 6.0.a.3.62,and also have the gps issue which many people have said is rectified in the .67 and now.73 update which continue to not be available on the uk pc companion sony new version,stuck with a phone i love and hate at same time while others are fixed,thats why above post is asking where is the uk update for either of these firmwares,how can you release .73 and no .67 to uk yet..........come on sony ive had 12 sony ericsson brand phones and still you cant help in the uk with such an advanced phone,are other countries ging to be installing ice cream sandwich while we get .67..lol please help......or im returning the phone....

One time poster
intellix

Just now received the update through PC Companion.............I am officially on ver 73 now :smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/172308#172308

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

ok so wheres the UK UPDATE NOW PLEASE

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I'll post it as soon as its available

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

still no update in uk..come on sony no.67 or.73 gps still no good on.62,1 more day and its going back............

Anonymous(anon)

it's amazing what people will say when they can't get what they want in the end the sony advisor was right even though you rant at them, maybe a little more patience next time...