Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Narf

Mobile network disconnected while on WiFi

Hello,

I have this really annoying problem, where when I connect to WiFi, my phone automatically disconnects from the mobile network (Mobile network state in the phone info changes to "disconnected"). Obviously, this means that I can't receive (and probably place, haven't tested) calls while I'm connected to my AP/router. I can't find any phone setting to modify this behavior, nor any info about it online.

Has anybody else experienced the same issue and/or do you have a solution for it?

Model: L26i; Android 2.3.7, build 6.0.A.3.67 - no updates, all software is as originally installed.

If it makes any difference - I'm using it with a brand new mircoSIM and both wireless APs are used with encryption; first one WPA2, supporting the wireless 'n' standard, while the second one uses WPA Enterprise.

I've also got this other issue where my phone number isn't displayed in the phone info screen, but I can live with that for now. :smileyhappy:

Trustee
Markus

Re: Mobile network disconnected while on WiFi

Hmm, strange. Can you please try to call someone when this happen just to see if it really is disconnected from the carrier's network or if it's "just" not showing you're connected?

Is your phone branded to your carrier or do you have the option to put a SIM card from a different one in the phone to see if it makes any difference?

Does anyone else reading this have the same problem? Please share your experiences!

One time poster
Narf

Just tried calling myself - no problems when I'm initiating the call.

No, the phone is not branded. I ordered it from HandTec (UK) to be delivered to Bulgaria, so they didn't even know my carrier. But I don't have a microSIM from another carrier to try with, sorry.

One time poster
Narf

... but oddly enough, I'm currently not experiencing the original issue either (even though Mobile network state does say Disconnected). I'm testing with a third AP/router currently, which has the wireless frequency channel set to 1.

At least one of the other two has it set to Auto, so I'll have to test that again in about a week as I'm currently on the road.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Narf, i bought xperia S few day ago. I bought it form Mtel Bulgaria. I have similar problem to yours. Randomly my xperia disconnects from mobile network. It's not related to WiFi usage (there is no difference if i use WiFi or not). If i do not use phone (make a call) for few hours, people that is trying to call me get that my phone is not turned on or no network coverage. The strange is that if i initiate call, after few seconds looks like xperia is connected and i receive few sms with missed calls. It happens every day. The only thing i turned off is mobile data and i dont know if this is related with mobile network disconnect.

Demigod
Zann.H

i experienced this when i had the phone for a few weeks, but not anymore. not sure if it's because i update  .73.

Anonymous(anon)

Solved. After update to .73 i did a settings reset and now all ok. Ty for support.