Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Inactive app after force restarting on Xperia S

Hi. I am using an Xperia S and have installed a few apps and moved them to internal storage. I forced restart my phone yesterday after one of my app got freezed. Thereafter some of my apps showned to be inactive which not responding when I click them but a message pop up to show that app cannot be found. The icon of app also showned to be unrecognized and the name of app also changed. After I removed some of my apps, the number of inactive app is reduced and now I have left one inactive. Is it a bug when the phone is preparing the internal storage (well, I feel so)? Unfortunately I can't attached the screenshot here to show u how it appears. Please advise or fix it.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Re: Inactive app after force restarting on Xperia S

restart your phone

or force restart press and hold both at the same time Power button and Volume up

gwhispererz

- Thread moved to Xperia S Community -

Anonymous(anon)

I haved reboot the phone for few times but there is always some app shown inactive. Its not always the same app that got problem.

Oracle
suze

I have had this issue on a couple of apps I moved to the SD card.  I use Apps2SD and have tried either moving them back to the internal storage or redownloading them from the market which resolves the problem.  It is intermitent so hard to say exactly what the problem is, the last one it happened to was Draw Something but it hasn't reoccurred.

Anonymous(anon)

That's the only way now. btw, I use the function in manage app to move to internal storage.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

do this happen when you connect your phone to a computer or at all times?

Anonymous(anon)

It doesn't relate to pc connection. When I get more apps and moved them to internal SD, then restart my phone. After that I can expect some of the app (those that were moved to internal SD) will become inactive. If I don restart my phone, they work fine.