Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Commissioner
FrontierGate

IPX5 / IPX7 water resistance

The Japanese version phones (Xperia acro HD and Xperia NX) have IPX5/IPX7 certification.

http://www.sonyericsson.co.jp/product/

Waterproofing equivalent to IPX5/IPX7 [1] means you can use the phone and camera without worrying about unexpected rain showers. This is a useful feature in today's business climate.

[1]

IPX5

IPX5 is the grade at which a phone continues to function when directly subjected to 12.5 L of water per minute from all directions using a 6.3 mm inside diameter nozzle at a distance of approximately 3m for at least 3 minutes.

IPX7
IPX7 is the grade at which a phone continues to function and no water gets inside when it is immersed in a tank filled with still tap water to a depth of 1m at room temperature and left at the bottom of the tank for approximately 30 minutes.

What about the international version of Xperia S?

slimshaddy

Re: IPX5 / IPX7 water resistance

this sucks.. why cant all normal users get this :smileyangry: do japenese people have fun throwing water at their phones... fuck....

Forum Legend
uliwooly

indeed its really enfuriating, that a country will get waterproof phones but not the rest, but I rather have Gorilla Glass or Gorilla Glass 2 or Dragon Trail than waterproof

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

slimshaddy

hmm , chances of the screen to crack is more than getting water damage :smileylaugh: but still , if they are getting water proof phones , i think screens might be tough too...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

that will be sweet

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)