Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Sage
FrontierGate

IPX5 / IPX7 water resistance

The Japanese version phones (Xperia acro HD and Xperia NX) have IPX5/IPX7 certification.

http://www.sonyericsson.co.jp/product/

Waterproofing equivalent to IPX5/IPX7 [1] means you can use the phone and camera without worrying about unexpected rain showers. This is a useful feature in today's business climate.

[1]

IPX5

IPX5 is the grade at which a phone continues to function when directly subjected to 12.5 L of water per minute from all directions using a 6.3 mm inside diameter nozzle at a distance of approximately 3m for at least 3 minutes.

IPX7
IPX7 is the grade at which a phone continues to function and no water gets inside when it is immersed in a tank filled with still tap water to a depth of 1m at room temperature and left at the bottom of the tank for approximately 30 minutes.

What about the international version of Xperia S?

Master
slimshaddy

Re: IPX5 / IPX7 water resistance

this sucks.. why cant all normal users get this :smileyangry: do japenese people have fun throwing water at their phones... fuck....

Forum Legend
uliwooly

indeed its really enfuriating, that a country will get waterproof phones but not the rest, but I rather have Gorilla Glass or Gorilla Glass 2 or Dragon Trail than waterproof

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Master
slimshaddy

hmm , chances of the screen to crack is more than getting water damage :smileylaugh: but still , if they are getting water proof phones , i think screens might be tough too...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

that will be sweet

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)