Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

I can't unlock my xperia S. Touch screen out

Hello,

I have a problem with my xperia S, indeed, my screen touch don't work. I can't unlock the screen.

I repaired my phone with PCcompanion and Sony service but the problem not resolved.

Sorry for my english i'm french :smileywink:

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Re: I can't unlock my xperia S. Touch screen out

Do you have any third party case or screen protector on the phone?

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

I had one but I removed it, but it's true that the problem started after I put

Anonymous(anon)

I'm having the same problem just now. Was working fine 20 minutes ago and now the screen isn't responding to anything. Camera button work and power button brings up the shutdown menu but I can't choose anything. Have tried force restarting (power key + volume up) but no success? Have backed up and restored with no change.

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

@Fury556 - Please try to run an update/repair with PC Companion to potentially resolve this.

@Nadir - Can you please check that all of the buttons are responsive and none a held down or jammed in.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

All buttons are responsive. I uptade/repair with PC companion too but nothing has changed. I send the phone to after sale service !

One time poster
Napo

I have the same problem and I want to know how I can erase the configuration of phone before updating because I try so many ways to reinstall updates but the same problem remain if I could erase all parts from phone and install a clean new software it might be solved please help me

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem. I noticed my screen going yellow at the bottom during heavy usage or if I was outside in the sun. Now it is very difficult to swipe to unlock. It may only work one in every ten times. Also the letter "e" cannot be typed using the on-screen keyboard in portrait mode.The phone is only 6 months old and in great condition. I've recently upgraded to ICS but it was working perfectly for a few weeks after that.

One time poster
akuskizo

I have the same problem with the touch screen too. It happend during after heavy usage of camera and video function. It starts with the software becomes slower (takes time to slide or browse). Then screen dont response to touch.

Seems like there's something interrupting the screen's upper area (noticed when shutdown screen is popped, top option is selected) but cant really click on it.

Phone is unusable. I checked most of the columns and seems like Sony got no explanation for this except to change the hardware. What IS going on?

martinah

I have the same issue since few weeks. It started after update to ICS. Sometimes I cannot unlock the phone at all which also means I cannot answer calls, sometimes the screen is responding very slowly or incorrect, sometimes it freezes and I have to restart several times. Virtual keyboard is totally useless as some letters don´t work at all.

First I thought it is SW issue so I restored and even waited for the latest update but it did not solve it. I think it is hidden HW issue which occured after update.

I do not use any 3PPs.

I went to Sony today but the guy had no idea, he just took the phone and sent it to service. Now I have to wait for 2 weeks.