Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

How to make Video Calls?

One time poster

How to make Video Calls?

I know Xperia S has front face camera, but I could not find a button to make video call (over the network carrier, not Skype or Tango).

How do you make video calls on S?

Can anyone help?

Anonymous

Option for 3G video calling

Hi,

I have been using xperia S for last one month and last week i came to know that there is no video calling option on mobile network in xperia S.

This is so disapponting. i just googled it and came to know that none of the xperia has this function. I guess this is very basic funtionality of mobile.

calling on skype ,Gtalk is fine but what if other person does not have data pack or i dont have it.I saw people are making request for past 2 year for same problem.

Request from SONY team to resolve the issue as it just seems to be a software problem only.

Trustee

Re: Option for 3G video calling

We understand how you feel. However the operating system of your phone does not support this type of video calling.

Community Manager

Re: How to make Video Calls?

Xperia S does not support traditional video calls.

sony_sign_logo.png - Community Manager Sony Xperia Support Forum

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
One time poster

Video call in Xperia S

How to make video call through Xperia S, as it is not available. i have used video call facility in P 990i , Nokia N8 and samsung and there is direct option for video call but not in Xperia S. can sony update it.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support

Re: Video call in Xperia S

Do you get anything, a vibration, LED etc when you try to power it on? Unfortunately native video calling is something that is not included in the basic Android operating system. You can however make use of a variety of third party video chat applications available through the Playstore.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster

is it about hardware or software?

and why?
isnt it one of the best of sony?

Adviser

this is about software coz android doesn't support native video calls, need to use thrid party app like tango, skype

with regards,

Andrew

Inhabitant

I thought that you could make video calls using GoogleTalk

Am I wrong here?????shocked

One time poster

i thought that so but you dont need any app on s3.

does samsung s3 have a different os? samething, android 4.0.4. but it supports