Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Bilalfouzi

How to enter recovery mode Xperia S ?

Hi i have an unrooted Xperia S with a locked bootloader. Is it still possible for me to go into recovery mode?

These are the following methods that i have tried and have all been unsuccesfull:

Holding down volume + and power when starting up (only vibrates 3 times and doesnt even start up)

Touching the Sony logo a few times at start up

Pressig/holding the volume + button when the sony logo comes up

Connect my phone to PC and then power down with volume +

And btw my LED doesnt even go blue at start up as some forums mention that when LED goes blue thats when you press volume + on start up

Please let me know of any/all possible ways i can go into recovey mode , thanks.

Community Manager
Johan

Re: How to enter recovery mode Xperia S ?

There is no recovery mode you can enter as default.

One time poster
mentorpozhegu@gmail.com

Hello i have the same problem

Forum Legend
Thommo

As said by Johan the XS does not have a recovery mode however if you were to unlock your bootloader you would have 2 options Flash Nozomi-Recovery or install Clockwork Mod

As for the lights this for to enter Flashmode or Fastboot - Assuming your phone is switched off then holding the volume down key then connecting your USB cable would enter Flashmode for use with Flashtools

Holding volume up then connecting your USB cable would enter Fastboot mainly for use with a Command prompt for installing custom roms etc

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Shreyas06

Hi Johan,

I am not able to reboot into recovery mode.

My Sony xperia s is rooted and the I have installed CWM recovery through recoverX app. I tried rebooting through ADB too. All my efforts failed. I would want to flash custom rom on Xperia S. please help.

Forum Legend
Thommo

For custom roms you need to visit XDA - If you have installed a recovery then on the XS it's either press volume down or keep tapping the screen

If you want to go back to stock then either manually flash using flashtools or use Sony's Emma flashtool

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman