Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Akshay-XperiaS

How to boot in Recovery Mode.

To all the gadget gurus out there.. I wanted to boot my xperia S in recovery mode. My touchscreen has stopped working and I cannot access anything in the phone. I wanted to hard-reset my phone without using the touchscreen. I have read in many forums that " Volume-up + Power button at the splash screen when led turns blue at start-up" will boot the phone in recovery mode.. But sadly i dont notice a blue led at start-up and whats a splash screen?? Do i need some sort of a recovery file copied into the phone before booting?? Sorry noob here..

Master
Thommo

Re: How to boot in Recovery Mode.

In this case the recovery file for the Xperia S has to be flashed but as far as I'm aware this will not allow you to do a hard reset - In my case the recovery flash file is used to install things like custom roms or superuser for the use of Rooting

In your case I'm suggesting if you do want to do a hard reset is to download and install SEUS or SUS from here emma.extranet.sonyericsson.com/update_service_setup once done run it and follow the onscreen instructions the blue LED you refer to only appears when you hold the volume button up and then connect the usb cable which you will have to do to enter flash mode or you could run PCC and run the repair function by following the onscreen instructions.

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Akshay-XperiaS

thanks for the reply.. In my case, since I think its a s/w issue, could i do something to completely erase all data from every register of the phone ie wipe it completely clean and re-install the os??

Btw will flashing and rooting help in my case if at all its something to do with the s/w? these problems started after the ics update as a difficulty in unlocking the phone via slider and answering calls, then presented itself as a pseudo touch somewhere on the screen :refer http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/34399?start=10&tstart=0

then it went on to a fully disfunctional touchscreen, there are other users facing similar issues.. Kindly help..

Master
Thommo

If you think it's ICS update then you have 2 choices maybe 3

1 - Run the repairs as stated above using SUS or PCC

2 - Do a manual downgrade back to GB - Let me know which countrys firmware you want and I will see if I have it

3 - Send it away for repair as it may be a hardware issue

NB. A repair will wipe the phone but in some circumstances it may leave I'll call it your SD card intact

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Nabeel

Recovery is an app that could be installed on a rooted phone only

So your mobile doesn't have it

Proceed as Thommo said . Repair your phone and see if that solves the problem

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

One time poster
Akshay-XperiaS

Thanks, Ill try doing the repair.. if it works out ill let uall know or else ill try downgrading to GB.. but is there no way to reformat the phone like a PC ie wipe is completely clean and reinstall everythin?

Master
Thommo

Once you have done the repair then on your phone go to Settings - Privacy and choose Factory data reset be sure to tick the box Erase internal storage - This will wipe the phone completely clean

One time poster
Akshay-XperiaS

I haves pent countless hours trying to do the repair function.. my pc companion itself is troubling me.. sometimes it says its downloading software and is stuck on 51% and sometimes it asks me to do the press volume up button while inserting usb cable in the phone function.. its weird coz shouldnt it ask for this step ( voulume up + insert cable) everytime?? I am so fed up with this phone!! I am definitely not buying a sony again!! There are times when I just wanna fling it out of the window or hammer it and post a video on youtube or sumthing!! atleast that way ill enjoy wasting 600$

Nabeel

Leave th PC Companion

Did you try with Update Service

SUS ( Sony Update Service)  ... download and install it on pc and follow the on-screen instructions

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

One time poster
Akshay-XperiaS

guys! I tried repairing the phone.. repair was successful via pc-companion.. and the touchscreen worked!!! for a few seconds untill it again started registering a pseudo touch!! Screenshot_1970-06-14-07-11-36[1].png

here is what I am talking about.. I was able to turn on the ointer location settings and this is the result.. At that oval shapped location the phone is registering a pseudo touch.. his had happened earlier before the phone had stopped working completely..

NOW WHAT??