Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

[HELP] Sony Xperia S Mic Problems

Hello Everyone,

I'm having problems with my microphone on my xperia s... it was working fine one day and all of a sudden it wouldnt work... i say wont work but it does i just have to shout at the top of my voice to even be heard and even then apparently its quite..... strange thing is that it was working fine the other day... any ideas on how to fix it?? i dont think its the OS on the phone. I tried first reparing the phone which didnt work then upgrading to ICS but i am still having the same problems.....

Any ideas?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: [HELP] Sony Xperia S Mic Problems

test it on Service menu, btw are you using any protective case or film that is covering the mic?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/113787

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

yeah, it does work buts its like its just turned down to the min.. but its on full... no case covering it.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

if you feel it's not working properly you should take it to a Sony repair center to get it checked

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for the quick reply... where would i locate one of the centers?? and i've dropped my phone before and the bottom plastic part has come off.... will this effect my chances of getting it repaired?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

if that drop affected the mic yeah they won't cover it, you have to call them or do a live chat so they can tell you where it's the closes Sony Repair Center to you

Anonymous(anon)

no the drop didnt effect the phone at all apart from the bottom plastic falling off. wheres the live chat by the way??

Forum Legend
uliwooly

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

select your country

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/country/en_US/

Anonymous(anon)

ok cheers, so i have to wait till monday then dont i??? and will they replace it then because it was still working fine after the drop?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I can't say if they will repair it or not but it makes sense that they should