Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

wch
One time poster
wch

Files can't viewable in PC.

I have a xperia s, with latest version 6.1.A.2.45

Sometimes i like to use my phone to download files, and move to PC later by cable.

I am currently facing a problem. The new downloaded files cannot view in PC, but it is viewable in phone itself, by the file explorer.

I tried reboot, it doesn't help.

So i am looking for solution for this problem.

Community Manager
Johan

Re: Files can't viewable in PC.

Could you please elaborate more about these files? Formats, where do you download them from etc.

Visitor
skip0pot2mus

I get this problem sometimes, a notable example is performing a back up, then connecting to the PC and trying to find the new backup folder, it doesn't exist!!

Sometimes a reboot works and the files are refreshed.  I think it's an MTP issue.

Actually, sometimes the PC takes an age [and shows the searching sand timer] to open a folder within the phone.  This is not the PC's fault, it's the phone.

wch
One time poster
wch

I couldn't tell any format because it can be any format.

This problem can be occured anytime, unless the file transfered by cable.

Even newly created folder or files within the phone itself can occur this problem. One of the best example mentioned by skip0pot2mus, the backup performed by the phone, but we can't view the files via cable in PC.

I usually fix this problem by reboot, but this time seems does not work.

The second thing i very agree with skip0pot2mus, it might be the MTP issue. I believe that MTP is having some cache, but it doesn't updated with the phone, so PC is not able to view the file.

I guess we need some solutions to force clear / update the MTP.