Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Controlling phone though TV remote on Sony TV

Hi,

I have a Xperia S and a the following Sony TV: KDL 32T2600. When I connect my phone though HDMI the "media center" starts correctly and is displayed on my TV. I cannot however navigate in it using the TV remote control. I have the remote control that came with the TV, namely RM-ED009. In the TVs settings I have HDMI Control turned on, and I can see my phone in the HDMI Device List. Given that both my phone and TV are Sony I was expecting this to work flawlessly. What can I do to fix this?

Regards

Gizero

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Controlling phone though TV remote on Sony TV

Try replugging the phone or play with your TV settings for specific connection - i cant give you more definite answer, because i have a Sharp TV, but my phone works when controller via tv pilot just fine.

Also remember you need to tick option for hdmi control in your phone settings, you may need to replug your phone for this to work afterwards.

Also can you check if your phone slows down badly when you plug it in ?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/170224#170224 - mine does respond way slower when its connected with tv.

Anonymous(anon)

I have tried replugging the phone several times, but that does not help. The HDMI control checkbox is checked in the phone settings.

I cannot see any noticeable slowdown at all while the phone is connected to the TV.

Anonymous(anon)

So the ui responds fast when scrolling screens or browsing apps ? What version of phone firmware do you have ?

Anonymous(anon)

Yes, it does. I'm using firmware 6.0.A.3.62. But can we please move this discussion to your thread, instead of hijacking this thread?

Community Manager
Johan

I think this can have something to do with HDMI version, your TV has HDMI version 1.2. What HDMI version does your TV have ergo14?

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey

One time poster
subhan222

I have same problem with my kdl40d500 n xperia s. Dont know what can I do I tried as much as I could. Please help

One time poster
subhan222

I have posted details on xda

please visit that or reply here

any help ... thanks

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=24617219

One time poster
subhan222

tried almost everything but no luck

Here is the outcome:

My KDL40D3500 only has 2 HDMI sockets

On my remote (RM-ED009) I do not have any Home key.

I guess the MENU key is equivalent to that.

Menu-->Settings-->Set-up-->HDMI Setup contains following

HDMI Control ------------- ON

Auto Device Off ---------- ON

Auto TV On -------------- ON

Device List Update

HDMI Device List

there is nothin appeared in HDMI Device List even after doing Device List Update.

Second thing is as below:

Menu --> External Inputs --> HDMI Device Selection (greyed out when xperia is not connected)

When connected i select this option and it displays a list saying Player 1 (only in the list)

also sometimes player 1 and Player 2, which is same as the text appears on the left hand top corner of the TV.

Even i select, it says on the bottom right hand corner.

"Launching. Please wait."

then after couple of seconds

"Communication failed. please check your cable or connection."

Also i am surprise i cannot see any specific setting to BRAVIA as well.

The only thing left is to update the firmware of Sony KDL, but i dont know how to do that. looking on internet for this, if anyone knows how to update it ?

On xperia option about remote control is checked.

One time poster
Suspeso

I'm having the exact same issues. My TV is a KDL-32EX650.

Everything seems to be ready, but nothing happens with the remote.