Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Camera sound

nop.. see the screens above.. there is no such options.

One time poster
djingga

not possible... i using it now... btw i don't know how to capture the screen for you..

Anonymous(anon)

long press the power button, u'll see the screen capture option.

One time poster
djingga

here :smileyhappy:

One time poster
djingga

i tried to insert the image... but seems not working :smileysad:

Oracle
suze

So my two pennies worth are this, on my old T-Mobile UK branded X10 I couldn't shut off the camera sound - even tried downloading camera apps which altho they gave me the option it never worked.  However a friend who had bought their X10 from a shop that sells unlocked/unbranded phones had the option.  So I am wondering if it is a network selection to not allow you to have that option.

I guess you could try out the demo model in a T-Mobile shop near you and see if the option is there and do the same maybe in a general mobile retailer who sells all networks.  Don't have an S to have a look at but guessing from comments above that some do, some don't.  Gotta love the networks for messing with our handsets. 

One time poster
djingga

screenshot_2012-03-16_2327.pngwhen you open the camera then press the setting button beside the home button the screen will appear

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Sorry I should have clarified. In some regions as outlined by suze, the ability to disable the shutter sound has been disabled due to privacy laws in that region.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Demigod
sushidushi

It must be annoying not to have the option to silence thr camera function. I hate false shutter sounds. I don't suppose there are camera apps that would allow you to get round this, are there...?

Anonymous(anon)

If it s not violating any laws, you can use an audio program to create a few seconds of silent .wav file, then export it to .mp3 and chose that as a shutter sound.