Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Backup and restore problem

I will try, but I have the same problem on 3 differents computers.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

do you get an error? does the phone recognize the computer?

install this too and restart your PC

Update Service (SUS)

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Did you try to read what the backup tool is supposed to backup on PCC?

Like I said, I don't care to backup my apps, music etc.

I want my ringtones, home screens, saved data to be backed up AND restored

Forum Legend
uliwooly

your ringtones are not going to be deleted bc they are stored on your SD card, as for your home screens you will need to root your phone and look for an app that can do that.

saved data? what do you mean? anything that's stored on your SD card is NOT going to be deleted at all unless your SD card its corrupted

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

"driver not found"

I can browse my phone on my computer and upload/download pitures/music/videos, manually and with Media Go.

PCC don't find my phone

Forum Legend
uliwooly

the issue is the computer, download and install SUS and uninstall and reinstall PCC, then restart your PC and make sure your firewall and antivirus are off

Anonymous(anon)

So I "accidentally" lose all my data (settings, etc) stored on the 32Go storage, I can't retrieve them?

And I can confirm that you lose your ringtones also...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you don't lose your ringtones, if you set an specific ringtone a contact you will have to re do it. but you won't lose data that is stored on your SD card, if you do, then there's something wrong with that SD card.

Again if you want to backup EVERYTHING you need to root your phone, thus voiding your warranty.

Anonymous(anon)

That's what I mean by "settings" and "data". You have to redo everything, I don't understand why you can't backup your home screens or ringtones (it works for others, like HTC)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

can you elaborate on what works on HTC?