Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Backup and restore problem

The problem is that every modified config is not on the SD, but in the memory of the phone.

The other problem is that the backup of PC Companion indicate that it's a FULL backup and that you can have everything back with a restore, but that's not the case and that's the main problem. I hope they will find why the backup is buggy (read : unusable).

I don't care about my music or pics, they are in Media Go, but my GPS maps, apps data, bookmarks, synchronized accounts, contacts, sms, apps aren't.

Anonymous(anon)

Ok it's worse than I expected...

I reinstalled all my apps. I then tried to restore my backup and I had this error : app is already installed.

So the restore is really buggy. I don't know where the apps and data were, but they weren't displayed.

Someone from Sony can chime in please?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

yes, any backup app that you can find, it will be the same, you MUST re-download the apps, for obvious reasons Google won't allow you to keep the APKs files on your phone. that's how apps work on android, ios, etc you have to redownload them all

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you have to be a bit more specific, which backup app are you referring to ?

try "Backup  & Restore" and this

My Phone Explorer

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.fjsoft.myphoneexplorer.client&hl=en

http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Like I said in the OP, the backup/restore function in Sony PC Companion

Forum Legend
uliwooly

PCC its unreliable try the other apps

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks, I noticed :smileyhappy:

If it doesn't work, Sony have to remove the backup/restore option in PC Companion.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Also you can backup w/ google

settings -> Privacy -> Back up my data and Automatic restore should be selected

I agree they either should revamp PCC or delete that feature

Anonymous(anon)

It's selected by default.

But the restored apps didn't have their data, I had to redo the configuration for each app.

I installed MyBackup Pro, I will give it a try (30 days trial) and test a restore (will give a feedback :smileywink:smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Ok, let us know, bc I don't know of any app that will restore "configuration" on each app