Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Are these official Xperia S widgets?

http://st.gsmarena.com/vv/reviewsimg/sony-xperia-s/preview/sshots/gsmarena_001.jpg

I saw this widget during gsmarean review of Xperia S but couldn't find it in .73 fw Singapore.

Is this widget official xperia s widget?

Also, during mwc, we can select apps using the swiping right on the clock in the lockscreen and it's also not available on oue phone.

Please advise.

Trustee
Markus

Re: Are these official Xperia S widgets?

Hmm, not sure to be honest. I don't seem to have it here although it might be added in certain customizations only.

Anonymous(anon)

Since you represent Sony Xperia Support don't you think you should provide a better response than this?

If you are not sure, then who is?

Anonymous(anon)

augie, a short firendly advice using these forums... being rude wont get you far. We are all here to help eachother. If he had a better answer he would have posted it. Support about such things will come from developers. And I am sure as soon as he knows more he will update his post. Have a nice day!

gwhispererz

Hi, I believe it's quite a reasonable answer ....

It simply means it is not in the official firmware and might be added to certain customizations only.

Is this missing in your Xperia S too?

Anonymous(anon)

I wouldn't classify my response as rude but you are entitled to your opinion. I would assume that employees of the company would have access to a list of available widgets and what function they perform. Thank you for your advice, although unsolicited.

Anonymous(anon)

I have a SO-02D and this widget is not available. My educated guess would lead me to believe this is the on-screen charging prompt that shows when using the more powerful (quick charge) EP850 charger bundled with the device in some regions.

Trustee
Markus

Like gwhispererz said, it's not included in the final generic ICS version. It could however be included in local customizations. For example, if a network operator have their very own software customization they could add their own apps and widgets to it. It could also be a 3rd party widget downloaded.

There are a lot of customizations and I don't have access to them all, and even if I did it would take me weeks to go through them all to check this. I hope you understand. :smileyhappy:

Anyone seeing this that recognizes the widget - please post a comment and let us know what it's called and where you got it. :smileyhappy:

gwhispererz

Tried in vain searching the web, but no luck (must have used up) ....

Hope other users can advise both you and Superlimau.

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for the clarification Markus. Just updated to 6.0.A.5.6 and still no widget that resembles this.