Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Visitor
forgedblock

Apps from Internal Storage to SD Card

Hi there,

Are we able to transfer apps from the internal storage to the SD Card?

Is app transfer possible only between the phone and internal memories?

I have already viewed this thread (http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/398952#398952) but I just want to see if the forum has an idea on how to do such.

Thanks,

Visitor
WuOne

Re: Apps from Internal Storage to SD Card

Not all apps can be moved, to do it go to settings>apps then on internal tab, you will see apps which are not marked are on phone memory, apps which are marked are on internal storage, to move them just click on app and you will see "move to internal memory" button.

Other way to do it is to get app such as "all in one toolbox" and you can move them in few clicks, plus you get more usefull tools...

Howether this method is to move apps from phone memory to internal storage, I got about 2 gb of phone memory and 11 gd of internal storage, so its enough for all apps and staff, if you buy "micro sdhc" card you can add up to 32 gb of external memory how I know (not with micro sd card) and is better to store all the other staff like pictures and videos in there, since I'm sure you can change defaults in camera settings. Cant say if you can move apps to micro sdhc card.

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Unfortunately you can only move apps to the internal storage and not the SD card. The SD card is only usable for media type files.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Nattsol

Why is it so stupid?

One time poster
Whatsthatabout

I have 2 gb device memory and just over 25gb internal storage. I have been trying to update the apps I have on my phone, but it says insufficient storage space. I assume this is the 'device memory' rather than the internal storage.

Why can I not update any apps now, even though I have about 13gb of internal storage space available?

Can I not transfer apps to internal storage? Can I increase the size of my device memory? 2gb, for the few apps that I have, seems woefully inadequate, especially as I have so much space on the internal storage area.

I'm guessing, having looked in to this, the answer is 'no'  as I have not found any sensible way of moving apps from device memory to internal storage.

Thanks,