Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
pixate

Anyone else having issues with audio playback and google nav?

I was listening to music in the car, while running google navigation. The audio was clipping nearly every 4 seconds. Had to stop using it in the end.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Trustee
Markus

Re: Anyone else having issues with audio playback and google nav?

I cannot find any audio settings in this app so I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done.

Google navigation is still in beta mode so there will probably be changes. Let's hope they can add some sound settings (or at least improve it to stop messing with the music).

One time poster
pixate

Thanks for the response.

I don't think google navigation is the culprit here. The voice guidence was muted, so theoretically there was no sound output from the nav app. The clipping was more like the audio cutting out every few seconds. I assumed it was processor load struggling to do both jobs. I don't know how much processing the Xperia s does for audio playback which may add to the workload? I have never experienced this problem on other devices (most recently the Galaxy S2).

Trustee
Markus

I cannot get the same issue here in one of the Xperia S phones I have. I'll keep this thread in mind and post again if I come across new information. Please post again if you manage to solve it, come up with new ideas or just want to ask a question. :smileyhappy:

One time poster
pixate

I've still not resolved this, but will keep you updated if I get any further with it.