Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
SevenxDevilockZ

Android System Battery Drain!

I got my phone about a week ago, and since then i realise my battery is draining off pretty quickly. I went to the Settings -> Battery -> and found out that my Android System is taking up a massive percentage! and the screen comes in seconds. I used android for 1 year, nearly 2 years changing 3 phones. Xperia X8 to Xperia mini Pro and now Xperia SL. Both the X8 and the Mini Pro gave me no problems in battery life. They have low Android System percentages, and screen is always the highest. So just yesterday I decided to do a test to see what is eating up my battery so much!. So this morning i unplug the charger and here are the results. I'll post screenshots for you guys so that you can help me see what's really eating up my battery and also note that I've disabled alot of system apps. I have no Wifi on, I don't use any 3G or data. No GPS either. No navigation and nothing! I went to the developer's option section and set Background processes to 2 limit and used Force GPU rendering. Here are the list of system apps I've disabled.

Connected devices

Email

Event stream engine

Friends' music

Gmail

Google lyrics extension

Google search

Google+

LiveWire Manager (I dont need it)

Maps

NeoReader

News & Weather

Recommender

Retail Demo

Setup Guide

Sound Recorder

Talk

Timescape

Twitter

Twitter extension

Voice dialer

weather widgets

Wikipedia extension

Youtube extension

Youtube karaoke extension

And here are the screenshots.

1st.png2nd.png3rd.png

One time poster
cheariot

Re: Android System Battery Drain!

i'm seeing this behaviour too, since 3 days back...

still trying to figure what is draining the battery...

One time poster
SevenxDevilockZ

Can you post some screenshots? To make a screenshot simply press and hole down the volume down and sleep/wake button. =)

One time poster
SevenxDevilockZ

Is there ANY MODS OUT THERE TO ATTEND TO MY PROB?? C'MON SONY WHADDYA DOING?

Nabeel

how long the phone's battery last ?

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

One time poster
SevenxDevilockZ

honestly, maybe quater or even half a day with moderate usage. and to have it a full day with mobile signal on, i will have it on sleep mode most of the time. what is the use of a smartphone when u have to put it to sleep and can't use its features without having to mind the battery issue? and when is this .50 firmware update gonna roll out?

Nabeel

Okh do one thing,

Charge your phone to full , use it as you normally would. When % reaches 5-10  , take screenshots of the graph, and battery consumed by apps.

Post them here

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

One time poster
sacschumac

My phone too has similar problems. I wondered whether using the app 'Tasker' was causing all this, apparently not. I have used apps like CPU Spy Pro and BetterBatteryWidget to track this down since last night. I did get wakelocks like a thousand times although Tasker programs my phone to turn off connectivity at night (Airplane Mode). My phone still makes a million partial wakelocks.

I uninstalled facebook and disabled contact sync thinking there were the culprit here.

1. Does using a task killer prove detrimental (sometime, I have freed up space on my phone when it gets trrible slow with a task killer so i dont discount its potency and role)

2. The partial wakelocks seem to be done by 'AlarmManager'. How do I bypass this?

Please help! I love my phone but have started hating it since this has all begun.:smileysad:

One time poster
SevenxDevilockZ

i guess i have fixed the problem temporarily. the battery now last longer. here's what i did :
1) go to settings--> apps--> all and find for com.sonyericsson.android.wakeup
2) found? disable that idiot!!!

3) u can disable a list of junk apps u want to like google+, google calender sync, etc.etc. if u dont use it.
4) reboot, use it like normal. then charge it to 100%
5) reboot again and enjoy!:smileyhappy:

One time poster
sachin1085

Hi Im the same person who commented in the previous post, just forgot my password and using my second google account. Thanks a million for the help. I've just tried it out. Really hope it helps. :smileyhappy: