Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

xperia play screen problems

i have had my xperia play since june and have been very happy with it so far, but about a week ago the screen started to stay blank intermittantly when i tried to unlock it, i then found a later update was available and so installed it, this made no difference, since then it has been getting progressively worse. the touchscreen now stops working every so often and the front camera doesnt work at all now, anyone have any ideas what to do?

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

Re: xperia play screen problems

I would first suggest another reinstallation of the software using the Update Service.

Update Service:

http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/110/61/1315209439/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.9.6.exe

If that does not resolve the issue, I can only suggest that you get the handset to a service centre for repairs. Please use the link below to find the appropriate Sony Ericsson contact details for your region.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

sony_logo126x24.gif

Anonymous(anon)

Re: xperia play screen problems

well i had the same problem out of nowhere the touchscreen would stop working and i couldnt unlock my phone unless i used the controller and buttons. I had to turn it off and on for it to work again then it would keep doin it and it got worse. But i took my screen protector off and it never did it again. So if u have a screen protector on the screen take it off thats wats causing it. If u dont use one then i would call sony.